• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Plea for assistance

9 posts in this topic

I'm putting this out there in case someone can identify the author. I found this at GenCon in 92, it's on the back of a piece of stationary from the Waukesha Holiday Inn. Not strictly comic related, but I thought someone might recognize the style or sig.

Raistlin.jpg

I'd love to contact the artist to either return it to him/her (although I'd hate to lose it) or thank them for the years of enjoyment it gave me.

Anyway, thanks for looking!

Just a thought - acronyms for DLWG (as in Digital Library Working Group) - don't see too many artists with 4 initials

Four initials is certainly rare... I'm almost certain that the character in the drawing is Raistlin Majere from the Dragon Lance books that were popular in the late 80s. It could be that the "DL" portion stands for Dragon Lance. In that case, the "WG" might be the artist's initials?

Just a thought - acronyms for DLWG (as in Digital Library Working Group) - don't see too many artists with 4 initials

Four initials is certainly rare... I'm almost certain that the character in the drawing is Raistlin Majere from the Dragon Lance books that were popular in the late 80s. It could be that the "DL" portion stands for Dragon Lance. In that case, the "WG" might be the artist's initials?

I was thinking that it might stand for DragonLance: World of Greyhawk. That was all the rage at the time. Not that I would know . . . :whistle: