• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My LCS didn't put away my Conan 2.

9 posts in this topic

For years now, I've missed certain issues of comic books. A few months later the exact copies I've missed are suddenly selling for $10, $20 dollars and up. So, when the forum starts talking about Conan 2, I am thinking this is the exact kind of comic my LCS will find some excuse for not having put it away for me. So, when I checked today - sure enough, it wasn't there.

He blames it on a staff member screwing up the order. Those were his exact words. He assures me (as he has done in the past) the comic will arrive this coming Friday. Because I've been through this song and dance before, I have my doubts. I feel so ripped right now! mad.gif

This isn't the first time it's happened, but it will be the last time.

Anyone else experience these kinda' things?

I say you should find a new comic store.

I agree, and at my LCS, one of my buddies was telling me about how many Origin #1 sub holds he "lost, misplaced or under-ordered", while pointing to the shelf full of bagged ones, for sale at $75 a shot.

Trust me, scamming LCS owners are laughing at saps like you. If you keep coming back for more, then they laugh even harder.

Herb,

Without naming names hahah, does the LCS start with a "P" smirk.gif

I think its safe to say that almost all of us have accoutns with a LCS, here are some of the things that I have noticed with LCS accounts lately.

Why is it that your longest and best customers get their new comics taken care of in the worst possible way - often stuffed in a long box among all the other accounts - which does nothing to keep them new and defect free. Is there not a better system, shelving units or something?

Every week I have come to expect VF of worse copies showing up in my account, I go to the rack and select the best copy there, but if its a hot book im SOL because there are likely zero rack copies left. I wonder why the accout copies are not screened, Im not saying examined in detail, but just the once over of stack to select the better, copies.

As to your specific example, I like LCS "P" is thats who it is. Have bought off them many times, but for where you live in the city I might suggest the place on Donald as said owner was probably one of the coolest LCS owners I dealt with, in that he made sure I got great copies and would always keep a few xtra copies of certain things in my account that he thought I might want. Now even if I never bought them it was no biggie - Understanding that your relationship with "P" is important but for just the new stuff you really only have 2 choices in the city. "P" or "D" as "CA" 27_laughing.gif might as well flush cash, and "BF" well same thing, the only two guys that give new comic discounts of any value to account holders are those two guys.

Anyway Herb, hope all is well and maybe we'll see ya down here for San Diego??? PM is ya wanna chat about this more, always anxious to hear the LCS gossip and state of the industry back howe. If I remember correctly "CA" closed their shop in the neighbourhood after 25 years of ripping off little kiddies.

Yeah, it's "P", and I dealt with "D" before I changed to "P" so I think I might be going back there JC as per yours and uclapaterg's advise.

Got a PM from a fellow forumite that's willing to part with a copy for cover plus postage and that's just great. Kinda' makes me feel real good inside knowing I'm gonna' get this comic one way or another.

And ya' know, if I wasn't a part of this forum I probably wouldn't have even realized I missed this copy until I got issue no. 3 or until I started seeing people bidding upwards to $20 or $30 for this thing on e-bay. Now, I don't know if that's gonna' happen, but seems this series is getting a lot of positive talk.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Seems I'm not alone in this. grin.gif