• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got into my first law school!

88 posts in this topic

....any advice? :grin:

((excited for this satire))

:foryou:

Since you asked for advice............avoid criminals. They lie.

So do some lawyers :baiting:

Nothing worse than getting beaten to the punch by the self-anointed "King of Underachievers" that's like getting beaten in a dunking contest by Gary Coleman.

That was almost funny, counselor. zzz

It was certainly funny, It was almost hilarious. The only thing stopping it was the Water Cooler / Comics General cross pollination of the joke. There's only a few people aware of your title on both sides.

Nothing worse than getting beaten to the punch by the self-anointed "King of Underachievers" that's like getting beaten in a dunking contest by Gary Coleman.

It was certainly funny, It was almost hilarious. The only thing stopping it was the Water Cooler / Comics General cross pollination of the joke. There's only a few people aware of your title on both sides.

:eyeroll:

:roflmao:

You got him as a MOD as well. I just sent him a PM earlier tonight on the subject. That is too lol

You got him as a MOD as well. I just sent him a PM earlier tonight on the subject. That is too lol

...and I might have even been offended if you were capable of building a legible and structured sentence.

...and I might have even been offended if you were capable of building a legible and structured sentence.

Well, I never meant to offend. But if you intended offend to me with "if you were capable of building a legible and structured sentence" you are mistaken. Just say'n. (thumbs u

Well, I never meant to offend. But if you intended offend to me with "if you were capable of building a legible and structured sentence" you are mistaken. Just say'n. (thumbs u

You ever seen a grown man naked?

I'm sorry, Han. Congrats on getting into law school.

...I guess they don't know about the Greedo thing. :gossip:

Congrats. I remember law school was A LOT of work the first year but gets a lot better once you get the hang of it. Its way more interesting than Undegrad. Just remember to IRAC your exam answers.

Yeah, Do NOT under ANY circumstances go into criminal law (thumbs u

Congrats and welcome to the world of 24/7, 365 days of year of non-stop stress :ohnoez:

p.s.- Dont worry, it isnt nearly as hard as they try to scare you into thinking. If you got thru college and got accepted to law school, you'll do fine as long as you try reasonably hard.

You ever seen a grown man naked?

Can''t say I have. Can't think of a reason why I would want or reason to.

How about you?

It's all good for Han. Wish her all the best. Given the circumstances the profession is suited.

Congratulations !!!....I think Chris is correct, you will have "relatives" you never knew you had coming at you from all angles looking for "advice"......I am sure it's very similiar to physicans, mechanics, accountants, etc....

I can only imagine it's a grueling experience, going through law school. I applaud anyone that does it, but at the same time, I've had some experiences lately with lawyers that leave me scatching my head. I have to wonder "HOW do these people sleep at night " ?!!!

As a side note, I have met some great people in the hobby who are lawyers , so it can really be any profession....Lawyers are just an easy target I guess....

I for one would like to thank you for entering into a field of study wherein there is such a dearth of qualified practitioners operating in America today. Lord knows if there's anything this country needs more of, it's not scientists or engineers, it's lawyers. Society welcomes your future endeavours warmly and with great anticipation.

Seriously, congratulations. I look forward to your class-action lawsuit on behalf of long-suffering Marvel fans against Mr. Quesada and his merry band of myth destroyers

I feel sorry for a lot of the folks going into law school today. I believe that the number of people currently in law school is at an all-time high, thanks to the poor economy which causes people to go to some form of grad school while they wait for thing to get better. Even if the economy does get significantly better over the next 2-3 years, it can`t possibly absorb all of the newly minted lawyers who will be entering the market.

There was a good article in the New York Times a few months ago about the travails of newly graduated law students, the massive student loans they had accumulated and the deception practiced by most law schools in calculating the post-graduation employment numbers that they need to jack up as high as possible in order to maintain their positions in the US News & World Report law school rankings.

My advice to anyone entering law school today would be: learn Mandarin (including the really tough part, reading and writing)!

I feel sorry for a lot of the folks going into law school today. I believe that the number of people currently in law school is at an all-time high, thanks to the poor economy which causes people to go to some form of grad school while they wait for thing to get better. Even if the economy does get significantly better over the next 2-3 years, it can`t possibly absorb all of the newly minted lawyers who will be entering the market.

There was a good article in the New York Times a few months ago about the travails of newly graduated law students, the massive student loans they had accumulated and the deception practiced by most law schools in calculating the post-graduation employment numbers that they need to jack up as high as possible in order to maintain their positions in the US News & World Report law school rankings.

My advice to anyone entering law school today would be: learn Mandarin (including the really tough part, reading and writing)!

Nothing like words of encouragement :makepoint: