• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registered Comics Purchased from Others

7 posts in this topic

Forgive my ignorance, since this is the first time I've posted. I am curious - as far as managing your comics on the collector's society site, is there a way to add registered comics that you purchase from other collectors, since they are not registered under your name at the time of grading?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bud Dog

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS

If you are wanting to participate in the Registry you do not have to be the one that submitted the book. Simply start your registry set and add in the certification numbers to have the books included in your set.

If you run across a book that was part of another collectors set, either contact the original seller and request that the book be removed from his set or send CGC an e-mail and they will add it to your set.

Hope that helps thumbsup2.gif

Thanks a bunch Shane.

I actually tried adding a couple that I purchased, but for whatever reason, it did not allow me to. I will try to get in touch with CGC to see if they can add them for me.

Thanks again!

I don't have a single book that I myself had graded in my registry set, so I can't see why you'd have any problems. They don't cross reference names or anything. It should just be a matter of entering the serial #. The only exception I can imagine would be if you bought a book off of someone who had entered the book in THEIR registry set and didn't delete it after they sold it to you.

Rob,

That is what I was refering to with regards to my contact the seller statement. I have had that happen a couple of times and was able to clear it up pretty easily. thumbsup2.gif

What Registry set is yours Rob? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif