• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new month, new Pedigree

55 posts in this topic

I would say Rocky Mountain is a pedigree. It has massive amounts of high grade books with White pages. Almost all of them are getting a premium when they sell. That is a vote from collectors. And it seems like everytime they are done another batch gets released.

I love new pedigrees. Always unusual high-grade books to be had. But saying that, the Avengers 25 9.8 has a bad case of distributor's ink. I hope they are not all like that.

hm I don't think I have ever seen a 9.8 with distributor overspray

I think the most recent grading contest showed that CGC does not consider distributor ink when forming a grade. Right or wrong, it's just part of the book.

Looking at the large scans on Heritage, it looks like overspray is going to be a characteristic of this pedigree. Nearly all the books I looked at have visible overspray.

Several of the RM 9.8's have overspray

That put a number of people off to the whole pedigree. It will nbe interesting how other copies of the Twin Cities books look and whether it will affect price at all. It didn't do much to the RM prices.

Pedigrees are fun.

I remember belonging to a car club and they had just started a registry to keep a track of the owners. People who are into collecting love to be able to track or following/know the history of things they collect. Don't ask me why, but I always wanted to know who the pervious owner of my car was, I registered on the website so that the next owner would know and could even contact me if he wanted more history.

I love new pedigrees. Always unusual high-grade books to be had. But saying that, the Avengers 25 9.8 has a bad case of distributor's ink. I hope they are not all like that.

hm I don't think I have ever seen a 9.8 with distributor overspray

I've seen several. Here's one from last week's Heritage auction:

109998.jpg.64b0a68337472d72b5d08eb1cc21761b.jpg

Pedigree designations appear to have become nothing more than a marketing tool for the larger dealers/auction houses. The hobby as a whole no longer gets a say.

The Nicolas Cage pedigrees come to mind.

;)

The Nic Cage books were never pedigrees, they're a different CGC marketing tool. The one where, if you spend enough money, they'll put "From the collection of..." on the slab. See: Dallas Stephens. You can tell the difference as to where the name is located on the slab (like it's that obvious).

Pedigree designations appear to have become nothing more than a marketing tool for the larger dealers/auction houses. The hobby as a whole no longer gets a say.

The Nicolas Cage pedigrees come to mind.

;)

The Nic Cage books were never pedigrees, they're a different CGC marketing tool. The one where, if you spend enough money, they'll put "From the collection of..." on the slab. See: Dallas Stephens. You can tell the difference as to where the name is located on the slab (like it's that obvious).

Beat me to it.