• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World T.O.

80 posts in this topic

Here is what I pulled off the WW site for dealers, etc:

Art in Effect

Blockheadz!

Central Canada Comic Con

CGC

Comic Book Addiction

Comics and More

Conspiracy Comics

Curtis Cards and Comics

DeLorean

Emerald Comics

Photo Booth

GeekChicDaily

Global Party Supplies

Harry Tarantula West

Heavy Metal Designs

Heroes in Tights

Inventa

John Malito

Kewl Collectibles

Mark Stanleigh

Martin Lavallee

MTC Toys

Paradise Comics

S.C. Imports

Sick on Sin

Spent Pencil

The Devil's Latex

The Labrinth

UD Replicas

Wizard World Show Store

Looking at the list it seems that Pendragon is not going to attend?

Not that I would ever buy another item from Darcy but he has been at every Toronto show for the last 2 years....

Not that I would ever buy another item from Darcy but he has been at every Toronto show for the last 2 years....

D'Arcy (don't forget the apostrophe) Farrell hasn't supported Paradise/Wizard World in years. Read his Overstreet report, it's one giant woody for FanExpo.

Anyways I'll be leaving Toronto to attend C2E2 but I thought it was a great comic book show last year and really wish they didn't fall on conflicting dates.

Jim

D'Arcy (don't forget the apostrophe) Farrell hasn't supported Paradise/Wizard World in years. Read his Overstreet report, it's one giant woody for FanExpo.

Anyways I'll be leaving Toronto to attend C2E2 but I thought it was a great comic book show last year and really wish they didn't fall on conflicting dates.

Jim

I'm almost positive he was at the Wizard Show last year... but I've been wrong before. And I'll be wrong again. I would go to C2E2 as well if I had the chance.

Have fun.

Well mystery solved (updated list w/D'arcy):

1,000,000 Comix — 218

501st Vader's Fist — 138 and 140

Almar Enterprises — 505/507/404/406 and 500

Art in Effect — 300

Blockheadz! — 431

C & G Monthly — 413

CGC — 319/321

Cineflix — TBA

Comic Book Shoppe — 312/314

Conspiracy Comics — 311/313/315/210/212/214

Conundrum Press — 439

Courtile Cards and Comics — 325/327

Craig's Cards — 318/320

Damien Referral — TBA

DeLorean — 341/343/345

Emerald Comics — 210

Epoch Toronto — 445

Global Party Supplies — 400

Goodwin Sports — 224/226

Haganland — 220

Happy Heads — TBA

Harry Tarantula West — 330

Heavy Metal Designs — 402

Heroes of the World — 443

Irben Entertainment — 415

John Malito — TBA

Kill Shakespeare — 441

Level Up — Gaming

Mark L. Craighead — TBA

Mark Stanleigh — TBA

Martin Lavallee — 419

Max the Mutt Animation School — 414

Mega Blocks Halo — 104

Mind's Eye Fantasy Web Series — 501

MTC Toys — 129/129/131/133/135/139

Natasha from Game Heaven — TBA

OMG Games And Collectibles — Gaming

Paradise Comics — 305/307/204/206 and 405/407/304/306

Pendragon Comics — 502

Photo Booth — 234 and 239/241/138/140

Polaris — 335

Raven Toys Comics and Games — 332/334

S.C. Imports — 411

Scott Wiley — TBA

Shirley Alton — TBA

Shoot a Trooper — 239/241

Sick on Sin — 310

Skyfox Games — Gaming

Spent Pencils — 425/427

TELETOON — 232

The Devil's Latex — 421

Tommy Castillo — 433/435

Toynk — TBA

Treos College — 238

Troll and Toad — TBA

Tyderium Toys — 324/326

UD Replicas — 302

Verdigris Grove — 515

Warner Bros Suckerpunch — 200

Warner Bros. Harry Potter — 201

Wizard World/GeekChicDaily/Electric Playground — 410/511/513/412

Wizard World Show Store — 301a

Now that I think, maybe he did do it last year once Peter became less involved and Wizard took it over.

Who knows, like you said you wouldn't buy from him and who would? With his positive disposition, pricing and the fact that his wall books are photocopies of the actual books you'd be crazy not to. :doh:

For twenty years the local dealers have called him the "Museum", cuz they've never actually seen anything sell :)

Jim

Now that I think, maybe he did do it last year once Peter became less involved and Wizard took it over.

Who knows, like you said you wouldn't buy from him and who would? With his positive disposition, pricing and the fact that his wall books are photocopies of the actual books you'd be crazy not to. :doh:

For twenty years the local dealers have called him the "Museum", cuz they've never actually seen anything sell :)

Jim

Most of his books are good from afar but far from good.

Jim

Darcy is a d[oron]ink with a capital M.

He once told me about 4 years ago, that I'm not allowed handle his books because if they fall and get damaged I can't afford to pay for them. He then proceeded to drop one if his own books right in front of me.

lol

I've never done business with him since. :screwy:

Jim

Darcy is a d[oron]ink with a capital M.

He once told me about 4 years ago, that I'm not allowed handle his books because if they fall and get damaged I can't afford to pay for them. He then proceeded to drop one if his own books right in front of me.

lol

I've never done business with him since. :screwy:

lol!!! lol

Now that's funny.

The thing about Darcy is he thinks he knows EVERYTHING about comics.

And while he knows his stuff he is far from the GOD of comics but lacks the self awareness to figure that out.

Chatting with him is an exercise in futility.

It is draining and should be avoided unless you have suicidal thoughts.

Okay maybe I went to far....

One thing is you definitely don't want to ask him to grade any of your books as they somehow get decimated on his grading scale. Yet his own books are magically impervious to the same scrutiny. It was so obvious in my dealings with him that it hurt to watch.

And don't get him started with CGC grading....

[font:Book Antiqua]I was looking to go for 3 reasons:

1. Dave Prowse (Vader)

2. Carlos Pacheco

3. Mike Grell

Its look now that the first 2 names are not long going to the convention

so I think I going to pass this one.[/font]

:(

They change the time they open the doors on friday. Last year was at 12 noon, but this year they're stating at 5:00pm.

it was nice that they started at 12, not a lot of people, you can browse, and look and even compare prices from one dealer to another, you can even take your time talking to artist/writers and not be pressure that somebody's behind you and cursing.

anybody knows why the change the friday start time??