• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA PBOD

29 posts in this topic

(snip)...and it was cool explaining to her why the book only has one staple because of the time period in which it was printed.

Curious, could you elaborate as to why it only has one staple? I'm assuming it has more to do to it other than age.

BTW Nice book thumbsup2.gif

I seem to recall hearing that, in an effort to conserve raw materials, especially metal, during WW II, many publications reduced the number of staples from two to one...

I think some comics used one staple throughout their runs, regardless of start and end dates....probably just a tactic for keeping costs down? confused-smiley-013.gif

I seem to recall hearing that, in an effort to conserve raw materials, especially metal, during WW II, many publications reduced the number of staples from two to one...

That's correct, and the WDC&S 41 came out in 1944, at the height of the war effort. I think except for some of the war year issues, WDC&S was a 2-staple book. hkp or Arty would probably be better able to confirm that.

War era wdcs 30-49 are one staple books.

+wdcs 1-9 have 3 staples - (there are slight variations on issue 9, some have 2 staples.)

gossip.gif didn't knew exact issues before, but I did some research...

That's correct, and the WDC&S 41 came out in 1944, at the height of the war effort. I think except for some of the war year issues, WDC&S was a 2-staple book. hkp or Arty would probably be better able to confirm that.

Thanks for the info, very interesting, I just learned more. This is what I love about these boards: knowledge thumbsup2.gif