• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay seller wants to cancel my purchase

31 posts in this topic

This scenario could happen very easily if he has a store or sets up a table at conventions. He sells a few books then forgets to remove them from ebay. Happens all the time.

That would be a bit of a push seeing as the listing was only two hours old.

lol Yeah, that's different. I thought it was a BIN item that had been there for months.

I sold over 150 slabs on Ebay in the past 8 months and twice I listed books that sold by accident. I had to cancel the transactions and refunded the money after I couldn't find the slabs..mistakes can and will happen.

Both buyers in my case had no problem with me cancelling it after they paid.

I sold over 150 slabs on Ebay in the past 8 months and twice I listed books that sold by accident. I had to cancel the transactions and refunded the money after I couldn't find the slabs..mistakes can and will happen.

Both buyers in my case had no problem with me cancelling it after they paid.

But I bet the two slabs that you sold didn't work out to the outstanding deal this one would have been which makes it look more and more suspicious.

Nope...$50

not that I care but will Ebay allow anyone to neg a seller if the deal was cancelled? I am just curious because I didn't think this is possible.

I have had a seller gave me a neg when I cancelled a deal after I felt his auctions were shilled. He left a neg as a positive feedback with a negative comment. I asked ebay to delete it and it was deleted shortly. The seller is NRU now so i wasn't wrong in wanting to cancel that auction.

Yeah. I don't get the folks saying to let it slide. It was listed, the BIN was hit 2 hours later and the seller wants to say that he sold it in the meantime? He says that the "one CGC" book sold, but there are 3. It's fishy.

But, realize that the seller is very unlikely to sell you the books. He may just decide to take the neg. What's he going to do, say "I lied. The book never sold."?

Of course it's fishy, but what are you going to do? I say just move along and get on with things that are more important. ;)

I really don't see any "entitlement" to anything on eBay until the purchased item is in your hand, or the money for the sold item is in your bank account. I've also learned that it is a waste of time and energy to get upset about it otherwise. :)

Heck, he could even relist it next week at three times the price, and eBay wouldn't do squat about it . . . Sorry to hear about it though, James. :foryou:

I recently had an ebay seller cancel a Lex Luthor bust I got for cheap (basically he would have spent my $ on just the shipping). With circuitous reasoning, it seems the story he was going with is that he took it to the post office, where he was told that the statue was broken, and that the post office would charge him more to send something broken (or wouldn't let him mail it...the story was confusing). Basically, he got cold feet :(

Seller is a cheeky git. Either changed his mind or had it offered elsewhere at the same time. You're not going to get anything out of it though, so I'd just drop them a pointy (but not overly offensive) email and move on.

Irritating though.

I like this solution.