• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Law

26 posts in this topic

I have noticed there is a few lawyers here, does anyone do comic law? If you do and would be willing to answer a couple questions for me. Respond here or shoot me a PM.

Thanks,

Jake Mackessy

Pirate, I do not know what your deal is.

I can be plain about why I need a comic lawyer, I have been approached by numerous people to produce books and when dealing with thousands of dollars I would like to have a few questions answered about contracts.

Nothing to my detriment, but thanks for the kind thoughts.

I can be plain about why I need a comic lawyer, I have been approached by numerous people to produce books and when dealing with thousands of dollars I would like to have a few questions answered about contracts.

Free advice = Don't send Joe_Collector a PM.

I'm a law student, but I'm majoring in action-figure law, so I can't be of much assistance.

I'm a law student, but I'm majoring in action-figure law, so I can't be of much assistance.

lol

What I meant was maybe someone who was familiar with artist and creator contracts. I have lawyers here in town, but I was thinking someone familiar with the buisness would be someone I should talk to.

-Jm

Pirate is laughing because Joe Collector is not a lawyer.

There is no such thing as "comic law". What you`re basically looking for is a IP/commercial lawyer.

Store Clerk: Hey, lemme ask you a question. In the legal sense, can in' Steinbrenner move the Yankees? Does he have the in' right to just move them?

Mike McDermott: How should I know that?

Store Clerk: You didn't learn that yet?

Mike McDermott: No, we get to Steinbrenner in third year law school.

Store Clerk: Oh...

you guys are mean. he needs a copyright and licensing lawyer. trademark might help too. but you know what, someone with experience delineating the rights between artist and writer would be a big plus (so not comic law per se, as it applies to other types of stuff as well).