• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comics in the guide are undervalued?

103 posts in this topic

"Is there any data that shows that any comic book with an ad for anything within enhances the value of it?

I've got the May, 1938 Detective Comics and the December, 1937 More Fun Comics (ad for DC#1). I'm just not convinced this is a reason to juice up the market value of a comic. I view it as seller hyperbole."

How can you call it hyperbole? Action 1 is the most valuable comic in the world because of the first appearance of Superman, but there he is a month earlier in an ad that pictures the iconic Action 1 cover, in a book that sells for less than a fraction of Action 1.

The ad appeared in three May 1938 comics, (More Fun 31, Detective 15 and New Adventure Comics 26). I think all three are tremendously undervalued. The only one Overstreet really calls out is New Adventure.

"Is there any data that shows that any comic book with an ad for anything within enhances the value of it?

I've got the May, 1938 Detective Comics and the December, 1937 More Fun Comics (ad for DC#1). I'm just not convinced this is a reason to juice up the market value of a comic. I view it as seller hyperbole."

How can you call it hyperbole? Action 1 is the most valuable comic in the world because of the first appearance of Superman, but there he is a month earlier in an ad that pictures the iconic Action 1 cover, in a book that sells for less than a fraction of Action 1.

The ad appeared in three May 1938 comics, (More Fun 31, Detective 15 and New Adventure Comics 26). I think all three are tremendously undervalued. The only one Overstreet really calls out is New Adventure.

but it is just an advert...there were tons of action 1 adverts out there at the time (fliers to newstands, in a few other monthly comics, etc)...doesn't make them desirable or valuable... I wouldn't put any more value in mf31 than it already has ...just my 2c

Most if not all pre-1960 books, needless to say.

fixed...and I agree (thumbs u

Pfffft. ALL the books in the OPG are undervalued....

:whistle:

lol

I'm assuming you're joking. 80% of all books in the OPG are OVERvalued.

Most if not all pre-1960 books, needless to say.

fixed...and I agree (thumbs u

Pfffft. ALL the books in the OPG are undervalued....

:whistle:

I'm having reverse deja vu all under again :insane:

Catman Comics.
(thumbs u

:whistle: Oh! That's my cue (+2)! :cloud9:

catman_2.jpg

Sorry, Cat-Man is a little slow on the uptake these days. :insane:

With covers by Quinlan, Schomburg, Palais and Cole and interior art by Quinlan and Fuje, the whole run should be popular. And they are probably a little scarce or maybe noone wants to let them go.

2073685514_5ac9b683f0_z.jpg2072894031_782f670e6b_z.jpg2072893671_1f7f4e5e70_z.jpg2075178252_a01af7ba84_z.jpg

Fair enough. But I will buy any and all copies of More Fun 31, Tec 15 and New Adventure 26 at full Overstreet guide price if anyone would like to sell. Seriously.

Junior Comics #14

Phantom Lady #23

Jo-Jo Comics #25

Wings Comics #89-91

Seven Seas #4, 6

Authentic Police Cases #6

Blue Beetle #54

Rangers Comics #26

:hi:

and a lot of the other books in that famous Gold thread.

Junior Comics #14

Phantom Lady #23

Jo-Jo Comics #25

Wings Comics #89-91

Seven Seas #4, 6

Blue Beetle #54

Rangers Comics #26

Blue Beetle 52

Jungle 54

Dagar 14

War Fury 1

Junior Comics #14

Phantom Lady #23

Jo-Jo Comics #25

Wings Comics #89-91

Seven Seas #4, 6

Blue Beetle #54

Rangers Comics #26

:hi:

and a lot of the other books in that famous Gold thread.

Hey there. :hi:

Junior Comics #14

Phantom Lady #23

Jo-Jo Comics #25

Wings Comics #89-91

Seven Seas #4, 6

Blue Beetle #54

Rangers Comics #26

IMO, Junior Comics #15 seems far tougher than the rest of the run!