• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Marvel 1st issues project

330 posts in this topic

got these too

[

[

and some others

Maybe you know...Why do people keep taking about Bubble Funnies like they are rare or hard to get. Is it because there are not that many graded? (I have not checked..so I have no clue) I see raw ones all the time...dont seem rare at all...not sure why in the last C Link auctions they were in the text of almost every auction next to Big Jims Pack...which is a real pain to find.

1 in 9.4, 2 in 8.0

thats it on the census, no GPA recorded

rarer than action comics 1... hm

But its because no one has bothered to have them graded...I see these all the time raw. So its a big deal to see one in a slab....but not rare at all.

But its because no one has bothered to have them graded...I see these all the time raw. So its a big deal to see one in a slab....but not rare at all.

This is true of many obscure Silver age books as well... ie Peter the little Pest, Mad About Millie etc.

The Bubble Funnies was from 1981..much easier to find nice copies of that I would think....The Silver Age books your taking about would be harder to find nice examples of to grade. I collected Mad About Millie and Peter the Pest...have all issues of both...try finding high grade copies...not that many out there...Most of those books were never cared for being what they were..odd ball title...and a title for chicks.....so most copies you come across are dogged.

I collected Mad About Millie and Peter the Pest...have all issues of both...try finding high grade copies...not that many out there...Most of those books were never cared for being what they were..odd ball title...and a title for chicks.....so most copies you come across are dogged.

Luckily for me I just negotiated the second 9.6 (highest certified) Mad About Millie #1 to come along (thumbs u

Colmoreman has the other.

Nice Pick-Ups Joe... did you pursue the rarer Uncanny Tales 1 9.8, JIM v2 1 9.8, Fear 1 9.6, Beware 1 9.6, and the other (2) Western Title #1 9.8's? There were some really cool obscure stuff in this auction that you won't see again anytime soon I'm guessing. The Harvey 1 9.4 among them.

but..I am wondering if they will turn up on the registry or if they have been squirreled away somewhere not to see the light of day agin

quite possibly... but there are other, better copies of some of them on Pedigree right now. lol

Nice pick up on the Supernatural Thrillers 1 9.6. I bid on that too... was the losing underbidder. Solid/smart buy under $450ish. Only saw one other in over a decade. Sold mine for almost $600 a month ago. Held for a year on that ask price knowing how rare they are. Someone finally agreed.

Congrats on being #1 :headbang:

I collected Mad About Millie and Peter the Pest...have all issues of both...try finding high grade copies...not that many out there...Most of those books were never cared for being what they were..odd ball title...and a title for chicks.....so most copies you come across are dogged.

Luckily for me I just negotiated the second 9.6 (highest certified) Mad About Millie #1 to come along (thumbs u

Smart buy long term...

By the way, Pedigree listed a whole batch of Bronze #1s... but I'm sure you fellows are on top of it (thumbs u

:cool::headbang: just patiently fishing for the right collectors that *realize* just how sweet many of those examples are.... in addition to how truly scarce and difficult they are to find/acquire. Love having the Beware and Fear 1s in particular -- and actually hope no one ever does buy them. I was the losing underbidder on those newly offered (less appealing) copies too. Can't help bidding on the really rare stuff...

Smart buy long term...

:acclaim:

Smart buy long term...

:acclaim:

You tha man Greg !! (got a few other requests for you btw)

Got a question for all you BA experts out there:

If I'm pick up the TOP 5 BA books, which would they be ?

1. Giant-Size X-Men #1 ( just bought one)

2. X-Men #94 (know where to get one)

3. Incredible Hulk #181 (9.8s are plentiful)

4 Green Lantern #76 (waiting for more 9.8s to come along)

5. ?

P.S. My "list" could be wrong so correct me if I am...

Thanks fellows...

Got a question for all you BA experts out there:

If I'm pick up the TOP 5 BA books, which would they be ?

1. Giant-Size X-Men #1 ( just bought one)

2. X-Men #94 (working on it)

3. Incredible Hulk #181 (9.8s are plentiful)

4 Green Lantern #76 (waiting for more 9.8s to come along)

5. ?

P.S. My "list" could be wrong so correct me if I am...

Thanks fellows...

How about adding Amazing Spiderman # 129 to finish the top five?

I would put HOS 92 in the slot, but it is hard to know what you are asking for when you say Top 5. Most desirable? Most key? Most popular? Most important? Most likely to appreciate in value?

Sean, I would want the TOP5 BA superhero books I guess. I figure those are the most key/desirable/popular/important all at the same time. Don't care for price speculation as we have all seen what has happened to some of the books from my list in terms of value.