• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Marvel 1st issues project

330 posts in this topic

I would put HOS 92 in the slot, but it is hard to know what you are asking for when you say Top 5. Most desirable? Most key? Most popular? Most important? Most likely to appreciate in value?

Agreed! 35 cent price variants aside.When I started to go for the best Bronze keys my first book was GSX #1 and went to Hulk 181,X-men 94,Green Lantern 76 and HoS 92.Good luck getting a 9.8 Green Lantern 76 though. :wishluck:

I would put HOS 92 in the slot, but it is hard to know what you are asking for when you say Top 5. Most desirable? Most key? Most popular? Most important? Most likely to appreciate in value?

Agreed! 35 cent price variants aside.When I started to go for the best Bronze keys my first book was GSX #1 and went to Hulk 181,X-men 94,Green Lantern 76 and HoS 92.Good luck getting a 9.8 Green Lantern 76 though. :wishluck:

Thanks. Gonna have to wait awhile as there are only 2 copies floating around (for now)

HOS 92 isn't part of the superhero genre though... :( and I don't particularly even like the cover.

Thanks. Gonna have to wait awhile as there are only 2 copies floating around (for now)

HOS 92 isn't part of the superhero genre though... :(

Yep! Pretty big key for sure.

HOS 92 isn't part of the superhero genre though... :(

Yep! Pretty big key for sure.

If your going to throw in HOS 92 please consider Conan #1. My personal fave of the bronze age "keys"

Although HOS 92 is second on my list.

Question for SUFUNK...

How are you doing with the Giant-Size #1's

I am not going after a bronze #1 regisrty set but I am slowly working on the GS #1's

Not much action fore on the GS's. The whole 1st issues set is prettyuch on hold while I work on my Avengers run. I still pick up a few here and there but 90% of my comic funds are going for Avengers right now.

Question for SUFUNK...

How are you doing with the Giant-Size #1's

I am not going after a bronze #1 regisrty set but I am slowly working on the GS #1's

Not much action fore on the GS's. The whole 1st issues set is prettyuch on hold while I work on my Avengers run. I still pick up a few here and there but 90% of my comic funds are going for Avengers right now.

I am in love with the GS books. Picked this bad boy up for close to the all time GPA low recently.

22199495_1_L.JPG

Actually, come to think of it...that would make an interesting collection hm

Is there such a thing as a registry set only for GS issues ?

I could be wrong but i dont think there is one solely for the GS's (shrug)

My BA 1st issues project has taken a MAJOR backseat to my Avengers run lately but i did get this in the mail today from our own Spiderman-on-tilt :cloud9:

MTA1.jpg

I love that book!