• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Next Three Conan Covers

21 posts in this topic

Yes, all three covers are by Linsner. I kind of wish they would let Cary Nord do some covers as I think he's doing a great job on the interior art. So far Nord has only done the cover for the preview issue...

13057.jpg

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Is that really JM Linsner art?? Looks a little too...I don't know ...cartoony for him?

Linsner's forte is red headed buxom women... I'm surprised we didn't get the "retarded Conan" comments like the Campbell cover on Conan #1 2nd print foreheadslap.gif

Linsner's forte is red headed buxom women... I'm surprised we didn't get the "retarded Conan" comments like the Campbell cover on Conan #1 2nd print foreheadslap.gif

No "Retarded Conan" this time around...more like "Flaming Gay Conan". What's that little nuthugger job he's wearing on the cover of issue #4...should we start calling him "European" Conan, perhaps? And is he even wearing pants on the issue #5 cover? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I think all 3 of the upcoming covers blow (I thought the cover to #2 was pretty good, although JML can't draw Conan's face right to save his life). That Cary Nord cover for the preview issue was sweet...they should definitely make him the regular cover artist.

Gene

Well ya get Cary Nord for the Interiors and I am not complaining as overall this is the best new series of the year IMO - I loved the REH historical summary in the letter section of the first 3 issues nice touch there.

Conan as a character is just great and the possibilities are endless - Its just nice to see him back in a regular ongoing title. No I dont like 3-4 either but 5 more than makes up for it. He's a barbarian and if hes not wearing much then there's a good chance that the women in the story aren't either. thumbsup2.gif

Linsner's forte is red headed buxom women... I'm surprised we didn't get the "retarded Conan" comments like the Campbell cover on Conan #1 2nd print

I totally agree with you...but since there are always those pseudo fans just looking for the variant covers with boobs all over...that's a way of milking them nice and hard, just how they like to be. thumbsup2.gif

I got one of these signed at the WW LA con wink.gif

Yes, all three covers are by Linsner. I kind of wish they would let Cary Nord do some covers as I think he's doing a great job on the interior art. So far Nord has only done the cover for the preview issue...

13057.jpg

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Can't say I'm a big fan of any of them. Stylisticly 5 is a winner but the execution is to cartoonish for my tastes.

Also, Conan should be much grittier, whats with the pretty boy look?

Linsner's forte is red headed buxom women... I'm surprised we didn't get the "retarded Conan" comments like the Campbell cover on Conan #1 2nd print

I totally agree with you...but since there are always those pseudo fans just looking for the variant covers with boobs all over...that's a way of milking them nice and hard, just how they like to be. thumbsup2.gif

Linsner has done a red headed male too on a cover ! Check out a recent reboot of Killraven 1 (from 2002?) - the face is similar to this Conan 3-5