• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll for WonderCon 2004 dinner

Friday or Saturday?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Friday or Saturday?

36 posts in this topic

If by "Micky D's" you mean "Bob's Steak and Chop House," then yes. Saturday night. Details are in this thread or the other thread.

are we still having dinner at Micky D's? confused-smiley-013.gif

Anybody meetin' up anywhere on Friday night for dinner or drinks?

In addition to Saturday's more formally organized dinner I may be interested in heading over to a Hooters or some such establishment after the con closes on Friday if any others are interested. confused-smiley-013.gifdevil.gif ------Sid

There is a Hooters at Fisherman's Wharf, but it's a bit of a hike from the Con (and it's a zoo on Friday night) and there are quite a few other places where we could meet up.

Anybody meetin' up anywhere on Friday night for dinner or drinks?

In addition to Saturday's more formally organized dinner I may be interested in heading over to a Hooters or some such establishment after the con closes on Friday if any others are interested. confused-smiley-013.gifdevil.gif ------Sid

You work Saturday night? Until what time? Can't you tell your women to fend for themselves for an evening, or turn the reins over to your assistant pimp for the night? confused-smiley-013.gif

i might not be able to make it for din din, might have to work. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hi Sid,

This is a definte possibility. I'll be able to sneak out of the office at 3:00 on Friday, so I plan to go over to the show then. On top of that, my wife is out of town until Saturday night, so I wouldn't mind some socializing. I just want to have some money left over for Saturday! cool.gif

-Jim

Hi Sid,

This is a definte possibility. I'll be able to sneak out of the office at 3:00 on Friday, so I plan to go over to the show then. On top of that, my wife is out of town until Saturday night, so I wouldn't mind some socializing. I just want to have some money left over for Saturday! cool.gif

-Jim

Don't count me in for sure on Friday. I'll definitely be there for the Saturday dinner but I just found out that I may be "required" to visit relatives on Friday night. If not it would be cool to hang out on Friday as well but I'm not sure yet about making it now. I think Saturday will be my big day as I will try to walk the floors for the full nine hours that day before kickin' back at the forum dinner. Shorter day on Sunday. Geez, three days just doesn't seem long enough. I am used to the four days at San Diego. Actually 4 1/2 with Preview night.

I made a pact with myself for this con. Only serious purchases with maybe just a couple frivolous "fun things". I have had a habit of buying tons of cool fun junk that I just see at the moment and have to buy. Sexy chick stuff, an action figure or two, a box of cards, dollar comics, nick nacks, etc. But then my pack gets so heavy and stuffed that I get weighed down and feel like I'm carrying a big bulky load of bricks. Hopefully I can just stick to comics this time and keep my "man-purse" nicely organized with just a fat pack of neatly organized comics.

Question: As you guys are walkin' around buyin' stuff and your "man-purse", briefcase, or whatever you use to carry comics in gets too heavy or too full, what do you do then? Make a trip to your car, hotel, locker, or just "pack it" around? Always a problem for me. ------Sid

As you guys are walkin' around buyin' stuff and your "man-purse", briefcase, or whatever you use to carry comics in gets too heavy or too full, what do you do then?

If my backpack of pre-code horror got too heavy or full I would dance for joy! grin.gif

As you guys are walkin' around buyin' stuff and your "man-purse", briefcase, or whatever you use to carry comics in gets too heavy or too full, what do you do then?

If my backpack of pre-code horror got too heavy or full I would dance for joy! grin.gif

So you are saying that you are able to walk around the entire con and only stick to what you came there specifically to buy? Geez, I didn't know that was possible. Wish I could do that but I'm weak. WEAK I tell ya' 893frustrated.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif -----Sid

So you are saying that you are able to walk around the entire con and only stick to what you came there specifically to buy? Geez, I didn't know that was possible. Wish I could do that but I'm weak. WEAK I tell ya' 893frustrated.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif -----Sid

Even WORSE - last year's Wondercon I planned on looking into some BA horror-type books for the first time. But I kept going back to the precodes. Maybe too focussed?

Well, nothing wrong with being focused. That's how you build a nice collection. I always have some ideas of a few things I'm looking for but even moreso I'm like a kid in a candy store, or even worse, I'm like me at Hugh Hefner's Mansion during a Playmate party and I just don't know where to start, stop, stay, and who to pay attention to.

Wait a minute....comics.... Playboy chicks... not a very fair comparison.

Well, ya' can never have too many of either I guess. ------Sid