• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Men Yesterday

150 posts in this topic

adventure.jpg

I just hope she's not going to throw that boomerang into the chopper blades. That would not be cool. If she wants to hit one of the guys with it, that's fine. But do not throw that boomerang at the chopper.

adventure.jpg

I just hope she's not going to throw that boomerang into the chopper blades. That would not be cool. If she wants to hit one of the guys with it, that's fine. But do not throw that boomerang at the chopper.

Can a boomerang into a choppers blades really take it down?

adventure.jpg

Can a boomerang into a choppers blades really take it down?

I don't know. She looks ambitious.

Most of the covers for Man's Story and Men Today were painted by the triumvirate of Norm Eastman, John Duillo and Norman Saunders. The mysogyny of the iconography became increasingly outlandish, yet at the same time formulaic, depicting ever more extreme nazi torture chamber scenarios. In a few, femmes fatale were the perpetrators - also nazis of course! But in most cases they were the victims - scantily clad playboy playmates encased in gold, entombed in ice, walled up in castles, wrapped as mummies, strung from lampposts, and worse. Nazis gave way to Vietcong, then bikers before the companies fizzled out in the mid-seventies, clearly having exhausted every possible variation on the one and only theme. Here is a sequence showing many of the more bizarre scenarios...

In case you dont recognize the style, this is Norm Eastman, who later did some of the covers for "Nurse Linda Lark"!

mansstory.jpg