• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to the Boards

44 posts in this topic

Boozad has been prompting me to join the forums, so here goes!

I'm Chris, my registry sets are under the name BaneOfReading. I've been collecting comics since I was 9 (1989), ever since the Michael Keaton film I became Bat mad. For my 9th birthday I received a 1st print Killing Joke since then I've done nothing but collect Batman.

Its only in the last few years that I've gotten into buying back issues, high grade ones at that and only the last year I've been buying CGC graded issues or submitting my own for slabbing. I previously went out of my way to buy every 1st print trade & hardcover and pretty much owned every single other comic Batman made a cover or storyline appearance in.

Unfortunately they take up too much space where I live and have been in the process of selling the trades & other related comics. I didn't realise how much Legacy & Prodigal 1st prints reached these days! Crazy.

Anyway, hopefully there are a few other Bat fans around other then Boozad!

Took your time didn't you? :baiting:

Say goodbye to your free time, credibility and wallet.

I'm Chris, my registry sets are under the name BaneOfReading. I've been collecting comics since I was 9 (1989), ever since the Michael Keaton film I became Bat mad. For my 9th birthday I received a 1st print Killing Joke since then I've done nothing but collect Batman.

Its only in the last few years that I've gotten into buying back issues, high grade ones at that and only the last year I've been buying CGC graded issues or submitting my own for slabbing. I previously went out of my way to buy every 1st print trade & hardcover and pretty much owned every single other comic Batman made a cover or storyline appearance in.

Unfortunately they take up too much space where I live and have been in the process of selling the trades & other related comics. I didn't realise how much Legacy & Prodigal 1st prints reached these days! Crazy.

Anyway, hopefully there are a few other Bat fans around other then Boozad!

SHILLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!! KILL IT!! KIIILLLLLLLLLLLL IIIITTTTT!!!

Oh sorry, natural reaction around here.

Welcome to the boards! :applause:

I've got aload of Tecs arriving next week.... none below #200 unfortunately. I've been concentrating on filling the main Batman title with high grade copies.

And thanks to Boozad for filling out my copper/moderns!

No, Bane the Venom fuelled back breaking, too easily beaten by Azarel character from Knightfall.

Azarel is one of the baddest mugs out there..he is soo bad...he is

P

I

M

P

WTTB! You'll be hard pressed to find someone around here who doesn't like Batman. I'm a SA Batman fan m'self.

Just don't go on any rants, cursing out everyone's moms, and you'll have a great time here. :)

Cheers for all the WTTBs guys.

In raw format I've got the main title from #180 - present including all variants & second printings.

The only thing I'm missing is the #608 RRP & that #608 NYC Edition. I have some of the 2nd prints of the Knightfall issues (hard to find), including the Platinum #492 was it??? Have a couple of Whitman's as well.

Moving into replacing my raw's with CGC high grades from #1 (yeah right!!) - #400, and the 400s in the key storylines only (year one etc).

At one stage I did have pretty much every trade (sold most of them now), I do have every Batman Hardcover minus the Batman/Grendel signed Matt Wagner edition. I also have near on every "Copper/Modern" cover & storyline appearance Batman made, Action, Green Lantern, Arrow, Flash, WW etc,etc.

Starting to sell of that to fund those high grade GA,SA & Bronze issues!