• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 on the Bay Restored VERY HIGH GRADE

170 posts in this topic

The seller has changed his eBay ID 6 times now, too.

User ID Effective Date End Date

celprints Dec-05-08 Present

mg-x-power Sep-14-08 Dec-05-08

minilabdealer Oct-03-06 Sep-14-08

ffrontier Jul-30-04 Oct-03-06

fujicanada Nov-14-03 Jul-30-04

ffrontier Mar-26-99 Nov-14-03

I AM THE OWNER OF THE AMAZING FANTASY 15 BEING SOLD ON EBAY...

WHAT IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM?

I'VE BEEN COLLECTING COMICS SINCE 1972... I'VE BEEN TO DOZENS OF CONVENTIONS, STOPPED COLLECTING IN 1993 AND NOW THAT I'M CLOSER TO RETIREMENT, I'M SELLING OFF SOME OF MY COLLECTION.

THE AMAZING FANTASY 15 THAT I'M SELLING IS 100% REAL... COVER INCLUDED... NOT A REPRODUCTION COVER, NOT A FAKE, NOT SOME WEIRD RENDITION OF THE BOOK... BUT THE ORIGINAL BOOK... ALTHOUGH RESTORED VERY WELL...

SO LET ME STRAIGHTEN OUT ALL OF YOU BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE IS A CHUMP IN LIFE... I HAVE PRIVATE BIDDING BECAUSE IT WAS SET UP THAT WAY FROM 10 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS THE LARGEST PHOTO LAB DEALER ON THE PLANET AND NEVER BOTHERED TO CHANGE IT. AT THE TIME BUYERS WANTED THIS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT THE COMPETITION TO KNOW WHEN THEY PURCHASED NEW EQUIPMENT.... UNDERSTOOD?

MY FEEDBACK ISN'T WEIRD BUT SOME individual_without_enough_empathy BOUGHT A PROTOTYPE TOY GUN (AS I ALSO MANUFACTURED THESE IN THE 80'S) AND THE person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point THOUGHT IT WAS A FAKE... THEN HE TOLD HIS BUDDY WHO BOUGHT 2 OF THEM AND THEY BOTH LEFT NEG FEEDBACK ... EVERYONE ELSE HAS BEEN 1000% HAPPY.... ALL 70 OTHER BUYERS !

AS FOR THE BOOK... I BOUGHT IT AT A CONVENTION HERE IN TORONTO ONTARIO CANADA IN 1987... I TOLD THE STORY OF RESTORATION BECAUSE THAT'S THE STORY I WAS TOLD... PERIOD...

I NEVER SENT ANY COMICS TO CGC BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. PAYING THE SHIPPING, DUTY AND TAXES TO THE US.

2. PAYING CGC (WHICH BACK THEN NOBODY KNEW MUCH ABOUT)

3. PAYING THE FULL VALUE OF CUSTOMS AND SHIPPING AND DUTY BACK.

4. TAKING A CHANCE ON IT GETTING DAMAGED

5. TAKING A CHANCE ON IT GETTING LOST.

6. IF IT DID GET LOST, IT'S A MAJOR HEADACHE TO GET THAT DENOMINATION BACK.

NOW... I WANT EVERYONE IN THIS POST TO DRIVE TO TORONTO AND PERSONALLY INSPECT THE BOOK... AND IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME, THEN I'LL TAKE IT TO SILVER SNAIL COMICS HERE IN TORONTO, TO WHICH I HAVE KNOWN THE OWNER RON VAN LEWELYN SINCE 1974, WHILE HE WORKED AT BAKKA BOOKS BEFORE HE OPENED SILVER SNAIL... I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN HIM IN 10 YEARS AND HE WILL KNOW ME POINT BLANK... THAT'S HOW WELL WE'VE KNOWN EACH OTHER OVER THE YEARS.... I EVEN DID CORPORATE WORK FOR HIM...

ALL THE PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT RIDICULE, STAB AND BELITTLE SOMEONE FOR ACTUALLY "HAVING A LIFE" THAT IS NOT 1 MILLION PERCENT DEDICATED TO COMICS.... I HAVE HAD A LIFE!!!

AND THE COMICS I'VE ACCUMULATED HAVE BEEN KEPT PROPERLY...

IF ANY OF YOU PEOPLE NOTICED MY OTHER AUCTIONS, I ALSO HAVE A SILVER STREAK 6.... AND A SPIDER MAN 1 AND MANY OTHER KEY BOOKS.... BIG DEAL... BACK YEARS AGO THEY WERE CHEAP AND I JUST KEPT THEM...

AND... LET ME FINISH THIS OFF BY SAYING THAT EVEN IF THE BOOK DOES SELL FOR A HALF DECENT PRICE... IT'S STILL NOT A LOT OF MONEY!!!!

SO STOP BEING SO JEALOUS, PETTY AND IDIOTIC OVER THE WHOLE ORDEAL BECAUSE I HAVE THE COMIC OF YOUR DREAMS... OR WHATEVER YOU'RE FEELING...

THIS IS JUST PATHETIC AND YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES... ARE ANY OF YOU HERE IN TORONTO? WANT TO SEE THE BOOK IN PERSON? SHOULD I SEND IT OUT TO CGC JUST TO SHUT ALL OF YOU UP?

JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE HAS A VALUABLE BOOK AND IT'S NOT CGC'D, IT DOESN'T MEAN IT'S NOT REAL... IT JUST MEANS I HAVEN'T DONE IT !!!

I NEVER SENT ANY COMICS TO CGC BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS:

1. PAYING THE SHIPPING, DUTY AND TAXES TO THE US.

2. PAYING CGC (WHICH BACK THEN NOBODY KNEW MUCH ABOUT)

3. PAYING THE FULL VALUE OF CUSTOMS AND SHIPPING AND DUTY BACK.

4. TAKING A CHANCE ON IT GETTING DAMAGED

5. TAKING A CHANCE ON IT GETTING LOST.

6. IF IT DID GET LOST, IT'S A MAJOR HEADACHE TO GET THAT DENOMINATION BACK.

The flip side is what you've experienced here. Without third party grading on a SA key comic, the collecting public views its' offer for sale with legitimate concern and suspicion.

Here, let me try your method:

1. ARE ALL THE DEFECTS VISIBLE ON THE SMALL PHOTO?

2. IS THE RIGHT EDGE TRIMMED TO ACCOUNT FOR THE 'UNDERHANG'?

3. ARE THE COVER AND INTERIOR ORIGINAL, OR HAVE THEY BEEN MARRIED TOGETHER?

4. WHY DOES THE AUCTION NOT PROVIDE A GRADE FOR THE COMIC? I DON'T RECALL 'VERY HIGH GRADE' BEING ONE OF THE OPTIONS LISTED IN OVERSTREET OR GENERALLY ACCEPTED BY THE HOBBY.

5. WHY IS PAYPAL NOT A VIABLE PAYMENT OPTION, WHEN IT WOULD PROVIDE THE BUYER WITH SOME DEGREE OF PROTECTION AGAINST FRAUD?

6. IT CAN'T BE THAT TOUGH TO GET A COMIC GRADED BY CGC ALL THE WAY FROM CANADA, SINCE THERE ARE PLENTY OF CANADIAN COLLECTORS AND DEALERS WHO DO SO ALL THE TIME.

7. THE SAME 'DANGERS' OF YOUR COMIC BEING LOST OR DAMAGED APPLY TO YOUR SALE OF IT. IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SELL IT, WHY ISN'T IT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SEND IT TO A THIRD PARTY FOR GRADING AND RESTORATION ANALYSIS?

8. HAVE YOU CHANGED E-BAY IDENTITY OFTEN AND, IF SO, WHY?

That help you understand this thread a little better?

I 10 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS THE LARGEST PHOTO LAB DEALER ON THE PLANET

So are we wrong to assume someone from the Photo Lab industry would be able to create a nice looking reproduction cover of a comic?

AS FOR THE BOOK... I BOUGHT IT AT A CONVENTION HERE IN TORONTO ONTARIO CANADA IN 1987... I TOLD THE STORY OF RESTORATION BECAUSE THAT'S THE STORY I WAS TOLD... PERIOD...

If I sold a car that was in an accident and didn't tell the buyer, does that mean the car wasn't in an accident?

Here, let me try your method:

1. ARE ALL THE DEFECTS VISIBLE ON THE SMALL PHOTO? No… but the closer I put the camera the more blurry the photos became… but the front cover is breathtaking. Besides, the photos are not small… and if you wanted to see the book and actually read the auction, I offer the bidders to see larger images if they send their e-mail address.

2. IS THE RIGHT EDGE TRIMMED TO ACCOUNT FOR THE 'UNDERHANG'? One buyer measured a number of his silver age books and this measures within boundaries…. Not trimmed…. But there is a 1/8” gap at the spine, visible in the photo of the interior.

3. ARE THE COVER AND INTERIOR ORIGINAL, OR HAVE THEY BEEN MARRIED TOGETHER? The cover and interior are original… not married together, whatever that means…

4. WHY DOES THE AUCTION NOT PROVIDE A GRADE FOR THE COMIC? I DON'T RECALL 'VERY HIGH GRADE' BEING ONE OF THE OPTIONS LISTED IN OVERSTREET OR GENERALLY ACCEPTED BY THE HOBBY. Again, if you read the auction, I stated it’s probably a Very Fine to Near Mint… so read it !

5. WHY IS PAYPAL NOT A VIABLE PAYMENT OPTION, WHEN IT WOULD PROVIDE THE BUYER WITH SOME DEGREE OF PROTECTION AGAINST FRAUD? If you knew anything, Bank Transfers are more secure and provide the buyer with all the detailed information of the seller. Further, you know exactly whom you’re sending the money to and it also acts as a receipt for your records.

6. IT CAN'T BE THAT TOUGH TO GET A COMIC GRADED BY CGC ALL THE WAY FROM CANADA, SINCE THERE ARE PLENTY OF CANADIAN COLLECTORS AND DEALERS WHO DO SO ALL THE TIME. I never bothered because I was never planning on re-selling the book.

7. THE SAME 'DANGERS' OF YOUR COMIC BEING LOST OR DAMAGED APPLY TO YOUR SALE OF IT. IF IT'S GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SELL IT, WHY ISN'T IT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SEND IT TO A THIRD PARTY FOR GRADING AND RESTORATION ANALYSIS? Wrong… when someone buys it, the shipping is “one direction” and it’s done. It will also be insured for the full value, to which the buyer would have to pay any fees for.

8. HAVE YOU CHANGED E-BAY IDENTITY OFTEN AND, IF SO, WHY? We changed the main venue for the products being sold and the name didn’t reflect it.

To answer someone else’s questions about the photo lab business… NO…. PHOTO LABS PRODUCE SILVER-HALIDE PRINTS ON PHOTOGRAPHIC PAPER AND YOU CANNOT MAKE A COMIC FROM THIS MATERIAL, NOR PRINT IT ON BOTH SIDES…. I THINK I’M ATTEMPTING TO ANSWER QUESTIONS FROM PEOPLE THAT DON’T HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT AND NO EXPERIENCE WITH BUSINESS…

YOU SHOULD ALL BE ASHAMED FOR ATTACKING SOMEONE LIKE THIS AND RUINING THEIR REPUTATION… YOU’RE TALKING ABOUT FRAUD HERE AND THAT’S A VERY SERIOUS OFFENCE…. ALSO, IN DOING THIS, IT’S A FORM OF LIBEL…

IF ANY OF YOU HAVE A FRIEND IN TORONTO, I’M MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHOW THEM THE BOOK… THEN MAYBE EVERYONE WILL FEEL BETTER.

I AM THE OWNER OF THE AMAZING FANTASY 15 BEING SOLD ON EBAY...

[ :blahblah: ]

Is there a template for this post somewhere on the internets? Seems every time someone comes around to refute a lambasting their ebay listing is getting, it's the exact same post!

Guys, this might be the real deal.

Some people are just not that internet savvy so they type in caps and are not as anal about comic book details as we are.

Im going to try to see the book.

(shrug)

To the owner, click on the flashing envelope at the top of your screen.

(thumbs u

Guys, this might be the real deal.

Some people are just not that internet savvy so they type in caps and are not as anal about comic book details as we are.

Im going to try to see the book.

(shrug)

To the owner, click on the flashing envelope at the top of your screen.

(thumbs u

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. It's hard to tell. Either way it's out of my price range so I'm just having fun.

I place a bit of a premium on how people present themselves online, and get a kick out of it when they fail miserably.