• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 CGC 9.4....only $12K!!!! Not a joke!!!!

38 posts in this topic

The seller almost doubled his money, so I'd call that a successful flip. I wonder what Metro thinks of the fact that they left six grand on the table?

So was this a successful flip, since it was purchased from Metro not too long ago - FFB?

Here's a startling revelation.............We have no problem with leaving money on the table. It seems like 50% of the books on ebay came from us and are being sold at much higher prices...and that is fine with us. No, we are not looking to max out on each and every book.

If a buyer can buy from us and turn around and make a profit...he will come back time and time again. After all....95% of all the dealers out there started out as our customers.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. That's a great attitude. FYI, when I spoke to Vincent about that book a few weeks ago, he mentioned that you guys had priced it to move at $6K and that he thought it was worth closer to $9K. During our conversation, I mentioned that I thought it would sell for even more at auction. Vincent and I then had a discussion about the market for high grade slightly professionally restored Marvel keys. He seemed to think that the restored market was still very weak, even for slight pro resto'ed books in high grade. I mentioned that I had seen some notable sales recently and that it appeared to be turning around, at least for these particular kinds of books. Are you noticing any kind of a trend in this area?

As for that particular ASM#1, I only wish I would have seen the book sooner, as I would have loved to own it at $6K, which was an outstanding price. (But for $12K, I'd rather have an unrestored VF or VF+ copy).

Here's a startling revelation.............We have no problem with leaving money on the table. It seems like 50% of the books on ebay came from us and are being sold at much higher prices...and that is fine with us. No, we are not looking to max out on each and every book.

If a buyer can buy from us and turn around and make a profit...he will come back time and time again. After all....95% of all the dealers out there started out as our customers.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. That's a great attitude. FYI, when I spoke to Vincent about that book a few weeks ago, he mentioned that you guys had priced it to move at $6K and that he thought it was worth closer to $9K. During our conversation, I mentioned that I thought it would sell for even more at auction. Vincent and I then had a discussion about the market for high grade slightly professionally restored Marvel keys. He seemed to think that the restored market was still very weak, even for slight pro resto'ed books in high grade. I mentioned that I had seen some notable sales recently and that it appeared to be turning around, at least for these particular kinds of books. Are you noticing any kind of a trend in this area?

As for that particular ASM#1, I only wish I would have seen the book sooner, as I would have loved to own it at $6K, which was an outstanding price. (But for $12K, I'd rather have an unrestored VF or VF+ copy).

Stephen

i know where you can get a nice restored 9.0 for a reasonable price devil.gif

and if this 9.4 restored ASM #1 is worth $12K, then that AF #15 restored to 9.6, was SURELY worth the $16K that it sold for on comiclink. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Don't lie to me, Harry. I know you have no intention of selling any of your books!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

and if this 9.4 restored ASM #1 is worth $12K, then that AF #15 restored to 9.6, was SURELY worth the $16K that it sold for on comiclink. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i'm trying to gear up for the eventuality, and the bride is constantly reminding me that i promised to sell some this year. but, they're like children.......... laugh.gif

Don't lie to me, Harry. I know you have no intention of selling any of your books!!!!! 27_laughing.gif

IF it sold.

You big TEASE! tonofbricks.gif

i'm trying to gear up for the eventuality, and the bride is constantly reminding me that i promised to sell some this year. but, they're like children.......... laugh.gif

I am willing to adopt. I'll give them a good home. thumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'll even give you rights of first refusal before I ever sell them. You could just say that I am "renting" them.

i really hope my 60 submissions arrive tomorrow, so i can see what they graded at before going to Holland. hell, i might even give in and call them tomorrow........ devil.gif

I am willing to adopt. I'll give them a good home. thumbsup2.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif I'll even give you rights of first refusal before I ever sell them. You could just say that I am "renting" them.