• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Borders Selling Their Comic Book Spinners

13 posts in this topic

Just an FYI in case anyone was interested, I went to my closing-down Borders today and they were selling a comic book spinner (as well as all other furniture). The spinner was pretty tall (maybe 6 foot) and was on sale for $50.

In case anyone was interested.

Borders declared bankruptcy and it's a part of their move to begin downsizing the number locations (which they overextended themselves through their acquisition of Walden Books, and other Borders Express locations).

Just an FYI in case anyone was interested, I went to my closing-down Borders today and they were selling a comic book spinner (as well as all other furniture). The spinner was pretty tall (maybe 6 foot) and was on sale for $50.

In case anyone was interested.

Wish I had $50.00 to spare. :cry:

I checked out their "sale" and wasn't impressed. 20% off of TPB's is something I can get from my LCS. Heck, they do more than that on best sellers all the time.

I always liked Borders but I can't see them surviving. I think this will be a slow, protracted demise over a year or 2.

I checked out their "sale" and wasn't impressed. 20% off of TPB's is something I can get from my LCS. Heck, they do more than that on best sellers all the time.

I always liked Borders but I can't see them surviving. I think this will be a slow, protracted demise over a year or 2.

I'm a member of Borders Rewards and I don't buy anything unless I get a 40% off coupon + an addtional 10% off.

all the good spinners were gone,

one spinner would work for slabs but it only had 3 on each side as it was for large calendars and was $65

Although there's a pretty cool poster display center for $150. Not sure if I really need it though.

:lol:

The Borders I went to still had their actual 'comic book' spinner but the pockets seemed to be sized for only modern size books.

Didn't look like it would hold a bagged book with a board.

It was only $50 so maybe I'll take another look at it... :shrug:

Stopped by a Borders this weekend and checked out their going out of business section. Most of the graphic novels were cleared out except some lower-tier items, still had a bunch of manga though.

Went over to the furniture aisle and went looking for any comic spinners, saw a comic book rack spinner (photo) for $75 but apart from the lower racks being the only ones able to accommodate modern comics/TPB (I placed an Azaral TPB for reference in the photo) the top racks were very narrow (probably able to hold digest-size only).

110523.jpg.f7b6f0d1ef63cbbd33d7d581e092334b.jpg