• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What the heck do these Restoration "codes" mean?!

8 posts in this topic

Okay, I'm still relatively new. I sent my first resto book in for grading. It's showing apparent SP when I look it up online. I'm assuming this has to do with color touch since that was what was done...but there was also a small piece replaced under the color touch so it might have to do with a combination of the two...anyway, what I'm wanting to know is what the heck do all these codes mean.

I've been looking for information but can't seem to find any.

Is there someplace I can go and look at a chart that tells me what each resto designation means.

Thanks.

the P stands for professional and the A stands for amateur. In front of that, there's Slight, Moderate and Extensive.

(S M E)

SA = Slight amateur

I'm not sure if these designations have a list etched in stone as to whats allowed in each.

the P stands for professional and the A stands for amateur. In front of that, there's Slight, Moderate and Extensive.

(S M E)

SA = Slight amateur

I'm not sure if these designations have a list etched in stone as to whats allowed in each.

The OP also said "apparent SP". Didn't someone in another thread mention that "apparent" meant trimmed?

Trimmed means it is an apparent grade but apparent does not necessarily mean trimmed, it could be any number of resto issues.

(S M E)

SA = Slight amateur

The OP also said "apparent SP". Didn't someone in another thread mention that "apparent" meant trimmed?

Trimmed means it is an apparent grade but apparent does not necessarily mean trimmed, it could be any number of resto issues.

Exactly,

To be clear, The word "Apparent" references the books technical grade only, it's discernible or semblant grade.

And nothing to do with any of the amount, or type of work referenced.