• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High grade Marvel slabs

43 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #59

cgc 9.4 ow/w

Cleveland collection

$190

Purchased directly from Dave Kapelka, founder of the Cleveland collection. Beautiful cover registration, with most copies of this ish sporting front-to-back miswraps.

FF59.jpg

I was in Daves store the first day he put the Cleveland Collection out for sale. It was so fun going through the boxes of nice looking comic books. I bought many. I also bought a bunch of the Ohio Collection books from him around that same time.

I should have bought more of both. But I am not a rich man.

Off the top of my head, I obtained Avengers 22, Cap. 105, Captain Marvel 1, Strange Tales 117, TTA 63 and X-Men 18 from the Cleveland Collection. Maybe a couple or three more.

The biggie I obtained from the Ohio Collection was Sgt. Fury #1.

Man, I should have made him an offer for the entire kit and kaboodle. :( (wonder what that would have set me back) (I could have taken out a Home Equity loan) :).

I'm considering getting this FF 59, but sadly I am over extended this month (and next, because it is the height of racing pigeon auctions time). :(

It's a really nice collection, and I remember it being loaded with early SA DCs in high grade that are hard to find in such good shape. I bought a few books from his E-Bay sales (including this one), and a few more at conventions on the East Coast.

Yea, ha ha. If I wasn't a Marvel Zombie I would have some of those nice DC's. :(

Dave is a very good grader and very reasonable to work a price with. Everytime I buy a book from him or his wife, they automatically deduct ten percent without me even asking for a better deal. He always has a nice selection of high grade stuff. I wish I still lived in that area (Cleveland), (for more reasons than just that one).

Whenever you see him again, ask him about the two Cleveland Cops (one black and one white) that would leave their city in their patrol car and come to his store (in the suburb of Parma). We got in trouble for leaving our city a couple of times, but nothing big. Just a loud "don't do it again". (we only did it on our lunch breaks but it was still against the rules).

We kept doing it though. :)