• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #376, Misprint ?

13 posts in this topic

I was sorting out some duplicate issues in the 300s for Boozad, one of which was #376. Checking the page quality I notice at the bottom of the book the number say's #367. I check Overstreet but no mention of a misprint for this issue number.

Had a quick look on the net with no results. Book grades about a 9.2 I'd say, definately the right cover as the story name is the same "Nightmares,Inc" front cover & page 3.

So does anyone know if there was a misprint on this issue? Could this be a general thing on Copper books?

Batman376F.jpg

Batman376Inside.jpg

Neat find. I know all (or a good chunk of) the DM first printings of Batman #457 have "000" in the indicia. Dunno why. OPG used to say, for God only knows what reason, that they were "worth less" or somesuch than the others.

:screwy:

I'll put it down as an oddity. But if anyone else owns an issue and can check theirs!

Be interesting to see how many copies may have been affected.

Oh well, I'll be getting my hands on a CGC 9.8 but I'll keep hold of this and mark it on the backing board.

Both of my (Direct Market) copies have 367 in the indicia, as well.

And I decided to check my #457's and yes, all three copies (again, Direct) have 000, as RMA says.

If I had to guess, I'd say all copies are this way, for both issues.

I know but it's kind of inconsistent. The Newsstand version from the States was correct yet the Canadian one was not. The direct market version posted in the forum was also incorrect. Wonder if they are all like that or not. The error must have been fixed in the print run. Wondering if all copies out there are the same.