• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM All Winners 7

17 posts in this topic

I've owned this for about 20 years. Finally becoming more active on the boards. Thinking of submitting this at Megacon next weekend. It appears the back cover had some moisture at one time, and stuck to another comic??

All feedback is appreciated.

allwinners7front.jpg

By ducky1560 at 2011-03-17

allwinners7back.jpg

By ducky1560 at 2011-03-17

That white line on the back cover is what leads me to believe it was some sort of moisture, and a prior owner just "ripped" this one off the top...Perhaps it could be a bug chew, but bug chews do not explain the white line...2c

I'm wondering why FC= 5.0....but when taking the BC=3.5-4.0?

Do they not weigh the "overall" grade of the book? And is so, it the front cover was perfect. how much woud this damage bring down a 9.2 front cover?

Just a question from a newbie, for discussions sake.

4.0 with that back cover, shame too, front cover is great. Good Luck. Can I have it?? hehe

Believe it or not..I'm walking on air :whistle:...ooops that's another board

But you are the "third one to ask"....I will probably just create an All-Winners set with this one book. And looking at the Registry, I noticed there is not one #7 in any registry sets yet...Is this that hard to find??

Census only show "8" without restoration!....hopefully this will be number 9. :wishluck:

Is the color loss next to the splash on the lower right edge a printing defect?

Always tough to grade books with back cover issues, but I'd say 4.0/4.5.

It certainly appears to be a printing defect. It was not damaged in my hands. I have owned it for over 20 years...been well cared for, as it is one of, if not my first Golden Age purchase... :cloud9:

almost look like bug chews on the bc. At least it went for the back cover.

5-6 nice looking though

I agree - looks like bug chew. Nice book, but with the bug chew, wear to the BC and stain on the BC, I think it's no more than a 5.0.