• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Avengers 4

19 posts in this topic

if its pro resto, send it in for removal and reslab. did u buy it as unrestored? seller?

never had any experience in "removing restoration". Upon resub, would CGC not still "re-grade" and find the restoration removal, using the same methods they find "restoration"? I assume there would have to be some trace of the removal substance?

As I mentioned, the color touch is darn near invisible. I have looked at "my scan", greatly enlarged...and still have difficulty finding the color touch. There was no way I would have seen this in convention lighting...and it did not occur to me to ask!! :makepoint:

lesson learned!!!! :flamed:

I was blinded by the my desire to obtain a nice copy. ..still very nice even with color touch. :cloud9:

no need to throw any "dealer" under a bus....I will "attempt" to work something out. Hopefully they will remember a purchase from Baltimore 2010... hm

It actually is very cut and dry.

If it is pro color touch, it is pretty simple to remove. That is why the pros don't use permanant methods. Most are a wax or crayon type substance, that is pretty easy to remove. They apply AND remove for a living.

Ask yourself if you would rather have a 7.5 purple or a 7.0 blue?....

I'd take the blue in a heartbeat.

if its pro resto, send it in for removal and reslab. did u buy it as unrestored? seller?

never had any experience in "removing restoration". Upon resub, would CGC not still "re-grade" and find the restoration removal, using the same methods they find "restoration"? I assume there would have to be some trace of the removal substance?As I mentioned, the color touch is darn near invisible. I have looked at "my scan", greatly enlarged...and still have difficulty finding the color touch. There was no way I would have seen this in convention lighting...and it did not occur to me to ask!! :makepoint:

lesson learned!!!! :flamed:

I was blinded by the my desire to obtain a nice copy. ..still very nice even with color touch. :cloud9:

no need to throw any "dealer" under a bus....I will "attempt" to work something out. Hopefully they will remember a purchase from Baltimore 2010... hm

Here is a quote from Matt Nelson's website:

"The best removal candidates exhibit professional restoration that can be safely removed with minimal risk to the book itself. This includes tear seals and support using rice paper and water-soluble adhesive, and color touch using acrylics, chalk or watercolors. Removing amateur restoration, which includes the use of hard glue for tear seals and markers or pen for color touch (resulting in bleedthrough), can often deface a comic because it is necessary to scrape, dig and cut the affected parts to achieve an unrestored grade."

Good luck.... (thumbs u

It actually is very cut and dry.

If it is pro color touch, it is pretty simple to remove. That is why the pros don't use permanant methods. Most are a wax or crayon type substance, that is pretty easy to remove. They apply AND remove for a living.

Actually, it isn't. If it were simple, everyone would be doing it. It's difficult for even someone who knows what they are doing - just ask them. Also, saying and doing are two entirely different things. But we could discuss this ad nauseum. :)