• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Photo of Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman

89 posts in this topic

raw footage usually looks crappy. gotta get in there a recolorize and clean it up.

why is she running anyway? I forget, doesnt WW fly?

From IMDB. hm

Does Wonder Woman fly?

No, even though she has the ability to fly in modern comics and flew in both the previous Justice League animated series and the New Frontier feature.

Fiest of all the costume is wrong. Wonder Woman wears shorts. Secondly, Wonder Woman's costume doesn't have a shiny wet look that the one Adrianne sports features. Finally, Lynda Carter looked like Wonder Woman. Adrianne does not. With all the tens of thousands of actresses eager for the part, you would think they could have found a physical match.

How is she not a physical match? And the costume in these pics is straight from the comics, they gave her a suit like this starting in the 1980s.

The eighties you say? I've lost track of all that recent stuff.

wonder_woman.jpg

;)

wonder_woman.jpg

They were never going to use Linda Carter as the standard by which they had to have a physical match, they were using the comics. Carter is about four inches shorter than Diana from the comics, although I do prefer Linda's body overall to Adrianne's, Carter looks better in the face AND body. :luhv:

I would've loved it if they put her in a skirt. I always thought the skirt was the sexiest look for WW.

Diana2.jpg

I agree. Bring back the skirt Wonder Woman wore initially. Biker shorts are very unflattering to most women, including Lynda Carter. Loose skirts though hide figure flaws.

Did she fly in the Linda Carter Series?

No. Wonder Woman can only glide on wind currents.

:(

Fiest of all the costume is wrong. Wonder Woman wears shorts. Secondly, Wonder Woman's costume doesn't have a shiny wet look that the one Adrianne sports features. Finally, Lynda Carter looked like Wonder Woman. Adrianne does not. With all the tens of thousands of actresses eager for the part, you would think they could have found a physical match.

How is she not a physical match? And the costume in these pics is straight from the comics, they gave her a suit like this starting in the 1980s.

wonder_woman.jpg

;)

Will she appear as WW's mother? That would be sweet.

Linda Carter looks like a man.....

a man with huge boobs sure. but she was a tall gawky broad that never did anything for me. more like a tranvestite looking woman .

ok. Im ready for the barrage of hate. But compared to the "sexy actresses" of the time, she never raised my BP.

anyone else not feeling the love for Linda Carter around here?

a man with huge boobs sure. but she was a tall gawky broad that never did anything for me. more like a tranvestite looking woman .

ok. Im ready for the barrage of hate. But compared to the "sexy actresses" of the time, she never raised my BP.

I didn't get past your first sentence before realizing that it's not that Linda Carter is a man...it's that you're a woman. hm

How is she masculine and gawky? She's not overly tall at 5' 8", not as tall as Wonder Woman is usually depicted to be.

Aman;

I really don't understand you saying Lynda looked like a man. Even if I thought she was gawky, that wouldn't make me think she was like a man. A lot of teenage girls are awkward because they're growing in some of the right places (like Lynda did). That if anything is an endearing quality.

???

I think I could turn gay if any of that were true, well maybe.

Seriously though, while WW shouldn't look like a nasty hag, or be out of shape, she also doesn't have to be the pin-up of the month. Unrealistic and unneeded.

I think I could turn gay if any of that were true, well maybe.

+1 :luhv:

Here's a lot more of her than we're used to seeing for reference. Which features are masculine? (shrug)

carrzkiss_upDate-02-00-51-Jun-16-2010-FName-LyndaCarterBikiniHQmod.jpg

I didn't get past your first sentence before realizing that it's not that Linda Carter is a man...it's that you're a woman. hm

How is she masculine and gawky? She's not overly tall at 5' 8", not as tall as Wonder Woman is usually depicted to be.

she never had that feminine grace, that slinky catlike grace that makes you grrrrowwwl and take notice.

I think it was mostly the costume. how unflattering it looked, accentuating her wide bony shoulders too much.

but in an effort not to look too out of step, I you tubed some Lynda stuff just now and sure she was a pretty woman, and very curvy. Just never enough to get me to watch the show back then. I thought the short lived Sheena was watchable though.

what did they used to say? different strokes for different folks.

They were never going to use Linda Carter as the standard by which they had to have a physical match, they were using the comics. Carter is about four inches shorter than Diana from the comics, although I do prefer Linda's body overall to Adrianne's, Carter looks better in the face AND body. :luhv:

The thing is though that the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman has for obvious reasons become the gold standard by which any future screen Wonder Woman will be measured. And they have to measure up!

110854.jpg.48e401f5dfe6b0db2e08530e6bdc9c49.jpg

I think it was mostly the costume. how unflattering it looked, accentuating her wide bony shoulders too much.

I don't think the costume accentuated her "bony" shoulders. I rather think it accentuated the breadth of her hips.

(shrug)

what did they used to say? different strokes for different folks.

For this folk, my strokes would all be swift and hard. :luhv:

I'm having trouble seeing anything remotely masculine or gawky in her motion. ???