• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Madness Grading Tournament Round of 64

293 posts in this topic

Great! I am up against Toro next round. doh!

We both have to get to the next round. :baiting: I never do that great in this format. I think the best I've ever done is the elite 8.

I believe this will be the first time I have ever made it past the first round.

Yep - match play is a tough format :sumo:

There is a perfectly good explanation for Davedawgbg not sending in his grades.

It's called intimidation! lol

intimidation-ginger-guns-redhead-shottyz-demotivational-posters-12928716971.jpg

Only if that is a self portrait my friend, in that case I am truly petrified lol

Cartmangingerkid.jpg

Nah! Got it from a quick Google search. That kid is scary though! lol

Glad your in! (thumbs u

Great! I am up against Toro next round. doh!

We both have to get to the next round. :baiting: I never do that great in this format. I think the best I've ever done is the elite 8.

I believe this will be the first time I have ever made it past the first round.

Yep - match play is a tough format :sumo:

I still submitted grades.

:news: WELCOME TO THE FOURTH ANNUAL MARCH MADNESS GRADING TOURNAMENT. :news:

ROUND OF 64 :headbang::banana:

Congratulations to Whisp, the top ranked team. There is a full field and there will be plenty of experienced veteran teams vying for the top spot also in the final four, so it should be a great tournament. :acclaim:

Pairings for the first round are below.

Rules:

1. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Associate the book with the grade and include your username in the body of the PM.

2. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments, ie. No 9.5’s.

3. Due date for grades is Tuesday at 5:00 PM PST or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

4. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please PM me questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

5. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Any non visible stains.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

6. Your score will be tallied and compared to your opponent's score as follows:

Spot on= 20 points

Within .2= 15 points

Within .5 or closer= 10 points

Within .7 or closer =7 points

Within 1 or closer= 5 points.

Within 1.2 = 2 points.

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone.

Bracket64.jpg

Cool format for the contest, well done.

BTW, I like the photo with Bruce Pearl in it, we will miss him here. I'm done with men's UT Basketball, we will go back to being a doormat team again.

Thats a little over an hour.What if they don't submit a grade? Or forgets about the game?

I'll submit some grades and be the 65th play in team/alternate.

Let me see, what do I recall about seeing them two days ago, ###############. I'll submit those shortly, time to eat lunch. Regards,

In the interest of fairness to my lower seeded opponent, I will be only looking at the front covers.

In the interest of fairness to my higher seeded opponent I will only look at the back

covers.....

You can see the back cover? Is that part of the rules? Sounds a little underhanded to me...

Thats a little over an hour.What if they don't submit a grade? Or forgets about the game?

I'll submit some grades and be the 65th play in team/alternate.

Let me see, what do I recall about seeing them two days ago, ###############. I'll submit those shortly, time to eat lunch. Regards,

:roflmao: