• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF #1 Sketch Cover Thread

255 posts in this topic

All right, Marvel finally has the pic posted for all to see! The new FF #1 blank cover.

detail.jpg

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed that the logo is one quarter of the cover, but other than that, I'm excited! I can't wait to get some sketches next weekend!

:cloud9:

I thought it was interesting that Marvel would release a blank for this cover. If I do get any, it may just be one, I can see many artists needing reference for the costume should you get anyone other than Steve Epting to draw on it!

I find it weird - mainly because it doesn't fit the image of the Fantastic Four that I know. Obviously there is no real set style and no rules when doing the FF or any characters (not really anyway), but this cover just reflects everything that Fantastic Four is NOT to me :shrug:

X-Men blank work (even though I don't love it), Avengers works, Fallen Son works, Spider-Man works, even the Heroic Age blank works (not saying it's particular nice), but from a Graphic point of view, this just doesn't work to me :shrug:

Yeah, I had ideas as well,Having done a What If? F.F, I wanted to do some greatest battles type wrap-around covers,now the design and gaudy logo kill the nostalgia associated with the old logo and team.

I can at least tell you that the old logo will show up on a blank but not he kind you buy.

673667whatifv210900supe.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That is an unattractive cover..

+1

+2 :P