• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cool Comic Book Video from the 1970s (ACTION COMICS #1 and BATMAN #1)

11 posts in this topic

(How do you embed it?)

A nice little report on comics and their increasing mass appeal and financial value back in the 70s. Anyone recognize the narrator? That voice is SOOOO familiar.

It sounds a little like George Takei !

find that kid with the superboy #1 and make sure he still has it!!

"[Comic fans] are very intense about what they like..." and apparently about their shirts :D

Seriously, very cool video! Love to find that kid and see if he still has the SuperBoy 1!

Can you imagine what would have happened if you showed up with a Uhaul full of mylites, bags and backing board back then, though? Seeing those stacks reminded me of some cons from the early 80's in Holiday Inn basements (and gave me the shakes).

Can you imagine what would have happened if you showed up with a Uhaul full of mylites, bags and backing board back then, though? Seeing those stacks reminded me of some cons from the early 80's in Holiday Inn basements (and gave me the shakes).

Yeah, me too.... It's amazing that any high grade copies of oldies even exist...

too bad its so faded, impossible to see the artwork details, or identify the Action 1 for instance..

The Action 1 didn't have any black ink on the cover. Manufacturing error.

I'm sure this copy would be easily identified if it's in someone's collection.