• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Mile High II *IS* a Pedigree Now??

33 posts in this topic

Hasn't CGC always noticed these as MH2 copies? Even on the old style slabs?

Jim

No, this is a new development. CGC gets the gasface for that move. Not as bad as the gasface I'm giving them for the Dallas Stephens debacle, but still- a pretty strong gasface.

I think Steve mentioned before that he will write almost whatever a submitter wants on the label if the submitter sends in a ton of books for grading (ie. Dallas Stephens, Nic Cage Collection). What has boggled me is the location of these new MHII designations on the new labels, which makes it appear as a pedigree. On the older labels, these special designations were placed under the grade in the center and not on the side near the issue date and artist notes, which is where pedgirees were noted. confused-smiley-013.gif

Thats funny I had asked once why the Mile High 2 books werent given a designation and was told it was because it was more or less a warehouse find. I submitted my best copies long ago and sold them off and doubt the designation would have gotten me anymore cash. Still sounds like those who submit by the ton get the better treatment.

Im a huge supporter of CGC in words and $$, but personally, I think thats a load of c r a p to slap MileHigh II on the label. This pedigree stuff has become a real debacle.

Pedigree info is for dogs isnt it ? And I don't see anyone rushing out to start a company that grades and slabs dogs !

Frankly, if I ever get my hands on any of the Mile High pedigrees, Im busting that book out of its slab, and resubbing. At least that way its one less book with the Mile High name on it.

Although I do not agree with how CGC makes MHII and the like appear to be pedigree status finds, I can relate a bit from a business standpoint. My question is what is the amount of books required before soemthing like this occurs? I hope it is in the thousands.

Although I do not agree with how CGC makes MHII and the like appear to be pedigree status finds, I can relate a bit from a business standpoint. My question is what is the amount of books required before soemthing like this occurs? I hope it is in the thousands.

"From a business standpoint"... again, this is why I don't agree with the idea of a "third party" grading company. No one is "third party" when everyone's connected by the almighty dollar.

Here is an example...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2236284349&category=17082

Notice how the added blah blah blah about Dallas Stephens is in the center of the label on not on the right side like the one on the Sub-Mariner book shown here on this thread. Paging CGC! Why is MHII all of a sudden considered a pedigree when it was never before?

confused-smiley-013.gif

"From a business standpoint"... again, this is why I don't agree with the idea of a "third party" grading company. No one is "third party" when everyone's connected by the almighty dollar.

893applaud-thumb.gif only made worse when the term independent slips in there are well.

Valid point that is very understandable. Unfortunately the dollar does speak volume in the business world including comics.