• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So Mile High II *IS* a Pedigree Now??

33 posts in this topic

"From a business standpoint"... again, this is why I don't agree with the idea of a "third party" grading company. No one is "third party" when everyone's connected by the almighty dollar.

Valid point that is very understandable. Unfortunately the dollar does speak volume in the business world including comics.

You're absolutely right... I was making that comment more for the CGC apologists in the audience. You know, the ones for whom CGC can do no wrong and all of their motives and actions are pure as new-fallen snow? wink.gif

You're absolutely right... I was making that comment more for the CGC apologists in the audience. You know, the ones for whom CGC can do no wrong and all of their motives and actions are pure as new-fallen snow? wink.gif

I know. No offense taken at all. Like I have always said before. I love CGC and their staff, but like every company they do have their faults.

I know. No offense taken at all. Like I have always said before. I love CGC and their staff, but like every company they do have their faults.

thumbsup2.gif Amen.

Rick,

I ran headlong into this discussion with CGC back in December when I picked up several MTUs that had those little tan MH II certificates.

I asked CGC whether they qualified as a pedigree. I was told they didn't. When I asked how Chuck could get his set of books with the MH II designation, I was told that only the most recent discovery of a section of his warehouse that had the last set of boxes was qualified as MH II. All of the earlier books (apparently) do not have that label.

So, it comes down to this:

>> CGC would not believe there was a provenance when I submitted a book with a certificate of authenticity.

>> CGC does believe Chuck because he pulled a pallet out of his warehouse.

You do the math...

Larry

443477-CoAMTU109MH2.jpg.569f3f8bb333a3d7dcbd4ca0e26ec536.jpg