• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

March Menage e Trois, Pedigree, ComicConnect, and Comiclink Auction results

298 posts in this topic

No wonder there were three auctions going simultaneously. Look at all the people here who picked up a bunch of books here, won some books there, and scored several at under GPA over there. I, on the other hand, have won a single auction so far - the Avengers #10 from what I call the '10288' collection. Book looks great from the scan, price was right, and I'm a happy camper.

You guys are part of the engine that sustains these frequent auctions, and I'm envious of your collective buying powers. Congrats to all auction winners.

It's also fun to see scans of everyone's purchases, so here's my contribution. I know that distributor overspray is a deal-breaker for some collectors, which is probably why I was able to win this copy for so cheap. The Suscha News copy of this ish also just sold, and it went for more money despite having a fugly tanning stripe down the right edge of the front cover. Unfortunately, no Kirby pencils on this ish (he stopped with #8), but I'm a sucker for any Marvel Superhero comic from pre-1965.

Av10.jpg

No wonder there were three auctions going simultaneously. Look at all the people here who picked up a bunch of books here, won some books there, and scored several at under GPA over there. You guys are part of the engine that sustains these frequent auctions, and I'm envious of your collective buying powers. Congrats to all auction winners.

Thanks Bob, but as a bottomfeeder, I'm only winning those books that sell for a song (or at least well under recent trend/GPA) Opportunity comes a knockin' when three auctions are simultaneously rockin'. :banana:

It's also fun to see scans of everyone's purchases, so here's my contribution. I know that distributor overspray is a deal-breaker for some collectors, which is probably why I was able to win this copy for so cheap. The Suscha News copy of this ish also just sold, and it went for more money despite having a fugly tanning stripe down the right edge of the front cover. Unfortunately, no Kirby pencils on this ish (he stopped with #8), but I'm a sucker for any Marvel Superhero comic from pre-1965.

Av10.jpg

Sweet book, and I agree on the early Marvels, there's just something to do them that makes them irressistable, especially at a good price.

I didnt see. Is there a way to check what the final price was on the CC books??? ???
Keep their emails and click on the applicable link.

You only get an email if you put a bid on the book.

It's unfortunate that except for Heritage, the only way to track prices on the various auction sites is by putting in a tracking bid. Otherwise, it's like all the final info just vanishes unless the info gets reported to GPA. Even then, personal bidding history on non-wins on Pedigree vanishes shortly after the auction has concluded.

I get emails all the time without bidding. The emails that I get have all the listings. Maybe because I set up my account with them that way but it's always been the case. I haven't bid on anything with them for over a year.

(thumbs u

I registered with the site and I get all the emails with links to the books.

:screwy: Still almost 3 hrs left on this poorly cut Conan #12?!

A 9.6, no less ~ seriously?! meh

2c

$600?! Some Conan's were absolutely REDONK tonight! :mad:

I feel uber-honored to have gotten a nice 9.8 WP upgrade for less than my cheapie high bid... (<#50) :gossip:

Had to bid w/ 3+ hrs to go, also scored a a nice fresh-up for my Registry set and had underbidder-action on 10 others. Paid good $$ for a straight-OW, 9.6 copy of #25, but it's one I don't yet have and is perfectly centered/cut. :/

The Conans were seriously tough last night. The prices didn't make much sense to me and I ended up passing on a number that I had wanted. I did pick this one up off CLink but it maxed out what I thought was a ridiculous bid. I guess someone else thought ridiculous, too.

RAD42AC02011214_154919.jpg

No wonder there were three auctions going simultaneously. Look at all the people here who picked up a bunch of books here, won some books there, and scored several at under GPA over there. I, on the other hand, have won a single auction so far - the Avengers #10 from what I call the '10288' collection. Book looks great from the scan, price was right, and I'm a happy camper.

You guys are part of the engine that sustains these frequent auctions, and I'm envious of your collective buying powers. Congrats to all auction winners.

Av10.jpg

I love the early Avengers (mid and late Avengers, too). Very nice book. And with the Twin Cities books coming up, overspray is going to be all the rage!

I won a book on Pedigree tonight.

Have to say, I really like the extended bidding. Takes the snipes out of it and allows a truly fair chance to those who are willing to pay the most in a chill, considered manner. It's like poker. Raise. Sit. Re-raise.

In contrast, I was the winning bidder on 8 of 12 lots in a recent heritage auction with 40 seconds left, and ended up losing all 8.

Each to their own I suppose. I refuse to sit there all night watching the price of a book go up every three to five minutes for up to an hour. I bid what I think a book is worth (to me), unless it's a tracking bid. Who's to say that bidding AFTER an auction is "over" isn't a snipe bid? People quasi-snipe in the last 2 or 3 seconds anyway when they extend the bid.

I like the idea of grouping them all together for a given month. (thumbs u

This win makes me one book away from completing all my Marvel runs for the first time. :banana: That one remaining book is a particular Spidey book that's easy to guess.

1042847003.jpg

Sick. (worship)

All time keeper!! (worship) (worship)

got one book on Clink, maybe they can ship it with the one from the Jan auction doh!

I hear you. Still waiting for my Jan stuff....

Why does CL take so long to ship books to winning buyers?

Because people will continue to do business with them regardless.

Have to say, I really like the extended bidding. Takes the snipes out of it and allows a truly fair chance to those who are willing to pay the most in a chill, considered manner. It's like poker. Raise. Sit. Re-raise.

In contrast, I was the winning bidder on 8 of 12 lots in a recent heritage auction with 40 seconds left, and ended up losing all 8.

Each to their own I suppose. I refuse to sit there all night watching the price of a book go up every three to five minutes for up to an hour. I bid what I think a book is worth (to me), unless it's a tracking bid. Who's to say that bidding AFTER an auction is "over" isn't a snipe bid? People quasi-snipe in the last 2 or 3 seconds anyway when they extend the bid.

I understand the auction houses' desire to maximize profit for the seller but the 3 minutes of 'bonus' time is a pain in the arse. Heritage has them all beat hands-down with their Signature Auction system. Books cycle through quickly. All you have to do is click a button to place your bid, and a bidding war takes 45 seconds instead of 45 minutes. ComicConnect and Pedigree would be well served to invest in that kind of software.

Shocking, I know, but I won this.

ave1.6899a.jpg

What did the final price on this end up being?

A total steal when you consider the RM 103 9.4 went for more than $900.

What dummy paid that for the 9.4?!? :baiting:

:jokealert:

Seriously though, CONGRATS!!! I'm glad you got it and added it to your already INSANE Avengers run (worship)

Nice pickups to the both of you! (thumbs u I was almost shocked at the $ the Avengers in highest grade when for. Good news it looks like for us Avengers collectors. I had bids in on several, and didn't come close. I'm happy to say that I did pick up the Avengers 39 (9.8) on Pedigree. Not as well centered as the Suchsa News copy. It has a slight mis-wrap, OW-W PQ, but no writing on the cover. I picked it up for half of what the Suchsa News copy went for, so I guess I'm pleased. I'll post the pic when it arrives.

:screwy: Still almost 3 hrs left on this poorly cut Conan #12?!

A 9.6, no less ~ seriously?! meh

2c

$600?! Some Conan's were absolutely REDONK tonight! :mad:

I feel uber-honored to have gotten a nice 9.8 WP upgrade for less than my cheapie high bid... (<#50) :gossip:

Had to bid w/ 3+ hrs to go, also scored a a nice fresh-up for my Registry set and had underbidder-action on 10 others. Paid good $$ for a straight-OW, 9.6 copy of #25, but it's one I don't yet have and is perfectly centered/cut. :/

The Conans were seriously tough last night. The prices didn't make much sense to me and I ended up passing on a number that I had wanted. I did pick this one up off CLink but it maxed out what I thought was a ridiculous bid. I guess someone else thought ridiculous, too.

RAD42AC02011214_154919.jpg

:mad::mad:

Im with you on the extended bidding. 99% of the time, I HATE it with a passion! Just put in your max bid and be dome with it win or lose! Last night though i kind of liked it and it helped me.

The suscha news Avengers 33,37 and 99 I REALLY wanted! I had a bunch of other bids though so I couldn't put in an over the top "I'm winning this no matter what!" bid. With the extended bidding, I was able to sit and outbid whoever I was up against with small increments without having to risk a HUGE bid that might have put me in trouble with some of the other books I wanted. It took forever but I was able to get them without putting in a monster no matter what bid which helped me bigtime, especially with 2 other auctions going on at the same time!

The suscha Avengers 92 9.8 must have been annoying as he'll to whoever won it though. That damn auction went on forever with all the extended bidding!

Regarding the extended bidding, would a happy medium suffice? Such as a 1 minute extension instead of the 5 minutes that I believe that comic connect and pedigree do?

We had bidding extensions in place a few auctions ago but the past 2 auctions were set to end the same as ebay or comiclink. I'm thinking a 1 min. extension might work.

Thoughts?

Regarding the extended bidding, would a happy medium suffice? Such as a 1 minute extension instead of the 5 minutes that I believe that comic connect and pedigree do?

We had bidding extensions in place a few auctions ago but the past 2 auctions were set to end the same as ebay or comiclink. I'm thinking a 1 min. extension might work.

Thoughts?

That would be better in my mind. Im not sure what Pedigree does but i think CC gives a 3 minute extension not 5. Either way, theres no reason for it to be more than 1 minute.

Also, the extension should only be when your max bid gets beat. I had a book last night that was sitting at like $177 with me as the high bidder with less than a minute left. My max bid was i think $277. It kept getting extended as people took it to $187,197,207,217 and so on. It never even got to my max(ended at $231 i think) but there must have been at least 5 extensions even though i never got outbid. Didnt seem to make much sense to me (shrug)

Thoughts?

My apologies on cc. They have a 3-minute extension (that begins from the time the last bid was placed); Pedigree's is 5 minutes I believe. Brent, to answer your question. The shorter the extension is more my cup of tea, although I drink coffee. So if I had to choose, I would prefer the one minute scenario. I guess the best way to look at it would be like a true auction. No auctioneer looks around after no bids for 3 entire minutes and says going once ...

I understand that if there are extensions for bidders wanting multiple books, it can become problematic if they have several bids going at once because it would be difficult to keep jumping back and forth between each lot.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were some computerized way to say ... going once, going twice ... sold? And the hammer goes down.

Why extend them at all?

I like Comiclink/Quality/eBay system the best.

Gives you a bit of time if you are bidding on multiple books in a row or if you are bidding on the 9.6 but lose it then you still have time to bid on the 9.4 and so on.

For me, I am not crazy about how Heritage does it as they all end at the same time.

The time extensions with Comicconnect and Pedigree are annoying (although I have bought from them both and will continue to do it).

On a side note, I completed payment and had a quick conversation with Doug at Pedigree over my 2 ASM purchases and where to have them shipped and he was VERY easy to deal with and prompt in his replies... thanks Doug!