• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Age GL lot

13 posts in this topic

Hey folks, about 3-4 yrs ago I purchased a large lot of silver age comics from a guy moving out of the city. Most of it were X-Men and FF's I was primarily interested in, but there was also a bunch of DC and some miscellaneous ones like gold key Magnus.

Anyway, I'm mostly just a modern collector and so i'm wondering what general ballpark figures to expect if I were to sell these as a lot...I'll include the scans as I go, all advice is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: So i'm offering the lot for $300 shipped. That includes confirmation/insurance and will be shipped within three days after payment (paypal or MO) via Canada Post. I'll take special precautions packing these together, also the nicer looking issues (about half) are in mylar.

No more upside down pics :P...

gl50.jpg

gl50b.jpg

gl512.jpg

gl51b.jpg

Have 52, need to scan it, missing #53.

gl54.jpg

gl54b.jpg

gl55.jpg

gl55b.jpg

gl56.jpg

gl56b.jpg

gl57.jpg

gl57b.jpg

gl58.jpg

gl58b.jpg

59 - Sent this one off to CGC, 6.0, I would assume a lot would grade around there, the earlier issues would obviously grade lower and the higher issues (60s and 70s would be a bit higher)

gl70.jpg

gl70b.jpg

gl71.jpg

gl71b.jpg

gl72.jpg

gl72b.jpg

gl73.jpg

gl73b.jpg

gl74.jpg

gl74b.jpg

That's the last of it. So yeah, afterwords I realized it was unfortunate I came two away from 76, but it's most likely he never had it. Even though there's a few missing in the group, what's a general idea of price? I may just list the lot on ebay with best offers and see what people throw around...

Welcome but this thread does not belong in the FS forum, a better choice might be Comics General. Here are the guidelines that we attempt to adhere to in the For Sale Forum. Best of luck.

The following guidelines are now in effect. Over some period of time these may be modified or expanded.

As of now, dealers are allowed to post here as long as all guidelines are respected.

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

For Sale – Threads may be removed for failure to comply, and repeated issues could result in strikes.

1.Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics.

2.No spamming. Group your for sale items into as few threads as is reasonable. Attempts to take up front page real estate by creating multiple threads for no reason are not allowed.

3.List your books only once, and in the appropriate sub-forum. Incorrectly placed threads or books posted in multiple places will be moved. Repeat offenders will have their threads pulled completely.

4.It must be an exclusive board-only offer. If the book is offered for sale through another venue (ebay, dealer site, personal web site, etc.) then it should NOT be offered here. It should be offered in the Sales Advertising board.

5.Links to outside sites for any purpose involving purchasing the offered books are not allowed.

6.It must list specific books with purchase prices. It is acceptable to bulk price, and/or to note that package discounts may be available, but you must list a starting price that you WILL sell for.

7.List scans or information about the grade of the offered books.

8.List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

9.List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

10.If posting a trading thread you must list a dollar value price for the book that you WILL accept in TRADE VALUE, and you MUST put "TRADE ONLY" in the title of your thread if you will not accept money.

11.Prompt responses must be made to buy requests made through the boards (posts or PMs).

12.Threads may be bumped three times total AND only ONE FULL DAY AFTER falling off of the front page. This does not include "sold" notices, or truly useful informational updates. Note: we CAN tell the difference between a real update and a fake bump-update. Tread that line at your own risk. If you're spam bumping, "lawyering" the rules will not save you.

BUYERS When you reply to a sale thread indicating that you'll buy something you must indicate what book you're buying. Otherwise, if someone else is more specific than you are first, your offer won't be considered valid.

Edited by Architecht (02/25/10 11:13 PM)

Edit Reason: payment options updated

Hey folks, about 3-4 yrs ago I purchased a large lot of silver age comics from a guy moving out of the city. Most of it were X-Men and FF's I was primarily interested in, but there was also a bunch of DC and some miscellaneous ones like gold key Magnus.

Anyway, I'm mostly just a modern collector and so i'm wondering what general ballpark figures to expect if I were to sell these as a lot...I'll include the scans as I go, all advice is greatly appreciated!

In order to post the books here you need to list a price that you would accept for them. You might want edit your first post and include a figure (say %110 of guide). Also what kind of payment you will take, shipping, etc. There are rules, and people will jump on you if they are not followed. Good luck

I edited the first post, I have had some offers for individual issues and will consider breaking the set up but would prefer selling the group together if possible...I'm studying for the CFA so I don't have a lot of free time these days...

One more thing. I don't know the background story of the scribbles on each comic, they were not made by the previous owner. I'm fairly certain the original owner (also scribbled on some of the other ones I have) whom the guy I purchased these from bought off of (making me the third owner) is the scribbling culprit. Sorry I can't provide anyother details about them.