• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Universe Unified

18 posts in this topic

Just got home and read the cover article indicating in CBG that Marvel is going back to old school in that events in one comic affects other characters in other books.

What do some of you old timers (and newer readers) think about this? confused-smiley-013.gif Trying to capture some of the legacy comic readers?

Is this even remotely possible in the Spider-Man titles? That's alot of coordinating for Marvel.

ASM

Spec. SpM

Spider-Man (Marvel Knights)

Marvel-Age SpM

Uncanny Spider-Man

Also, does this mean we'll see those cross title story-arcs again?

If it works I think it's great. I give them three months max and then we'll see the ole botcharoo.

CRC

Botcharoo almost a gurarantee.

If Joe Q, or whomever is the top dog would actually pay attention to what is

going on in the publications, and not spend all that time doing publicity

type things, maybe a unified universe would work.... then again maybe not.

Seems that back in the old school days Stan used to control things pretty well.

They had a similar amount of titles. Probably a larger circulation. And

with all the modern techy things available today, Stan didn't always have

a fax, pc online, email, cheap long distance, nor did he have writers and

artists that think it's 1987 and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I agree the star comic creators working today make so much more money I think its very hard for them to stay motivated to put out work and ego games play a huge part. I think the readers were so fortunate back in the 60's/70's/early 80's We got so much great stuff to read. Guys were doing multiple books each month Now todays whiny comic superstar doesnt even draw his own creation once he gets paid or cant even turn out one 22 page book each month. Hey Toddy how about kicking out a story for the fans who allowed you to buy Million Dollar baseballs once in a while? Seems like the more popular the artist the less work they put out for the fans to enjoy, with exception to John Byrne who seems to keep cranking out a ton of work.

I hate cross-overs!! It is such a pain when they cross over into a title you dont read and dont really want any part of, but you wind up having to spend the money, (which is obviously what cross-overs are all about!) to keep up! 893frustrated.gif

I hate cross-overs!! It is such a pain when they cross over into a title you dont read and dont really want any part of, but you wind up having to spend the money, (which is obviously what cross-overs are all about!) to keep up! 893frustrated.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I hope they don't do this cross-over thing, as I resist buying the issues I don't read. But, if they are going to reference events that took place in the other mags as a way of giving the whole universe continuity again, grin.gif

I"m all for it.

Actually I was thinking several times of the last few months how there is no continuity currently, and how nice it would be for it to all come together again - like the good old days.

Crossovers? mad.gif

insane.gif27_laughing.gif

Just got home and read the cover article indicating in CBG that Marvel is going back to old school in that events in one comic affects other characters in other books.

What do some of you old timers (and newer readers) think about this? confused-smiley-013.gif Trying to capture some of the legacy comic readers?

I'll believe it when I see it. It'll involve a level of artist/writer/publisher cooperation and commitment that I don't think exists anymore.