• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do your boards run slow, do they wobble to and fro?

70 posts in this topic

That's the daily backup. Apparently you guys pipe off so much wildly_fanciful_statement that they have to turn on the bilge pump every night to thin it out. hm

:lol:

Bilge pump

Bilge pumps are so cool. Especially, when pirates shoot holes in your boat.

Shhhh don't let pirate know we are talking..he'll be in here getting all up in our business..

A boardie made me tell him I would kick pirate in the teeth for him. :eek: I didn't want to do it but, he said if I did, he would send me a really nice sketch. He did too!

It took about 1hr to get on this morning, I usually log and and read a few threads over my morning coffee but not today!

Since then its been fine, but something definately happens around 9am - 10am current UK time.

Since then its been fine, but something definately happens around 9am - 10am current UK time.

The boards shut down for an hour or so every day, it's just moved to a later time slot now due to the clocks going forward.

Is it just me or is it getting worse? :eek:

It's spurious for me. Sometimes it's worse than dial-up and other times it's fine.

It's spurious for me.

hm

I do not think that word means what you think it means....

;)

It was a typo, I meant say furious.

It's spurious for me. Sometimes it's worse than dial-up and other times it's fine.

My hypothesis is still that when it slows down, someone's editing a registry set. :gossip: Easy hypothesis to test--it was definitely slow while I was saving my Fantastic Four set a few times last week, which may have been coincidence at the time. (shrug)

They're ok for me today. Two days ago was pretty spotty.

One thing I have been experiencing though, is that when I leave a thread, I'll sometimes get bumped to page 3 instead of page 1. (shrug)

Yeah, what the heck! That keeps happening to me too.

They're ok for me today. Two days ago was pretty spotty.

One thing I have been experiencing though, is that when I leave a thread, I'll sometimes get bumped to page 3 instead of page 1. (shrug)

Yeah, what the heck! That keeps happening to me too.

It happens to all of us, it's a bug in a forum patch they applied a few years ago. The pattern as I see it that if you're on a page inside of a thread, when you go back up to the forum thread list, it remembers the page you were on inside the thread and puts you on that same page in the forum message list--but not always, just sometimes.

• Administrator

My hypothesis is still that when it slows down, someone's editing a registry set. :gossip: Easy hypothesis to test--it was definitely slow while I was saving my Fantastic Four set a few times last week, which may have been coincidence at the time. (shrug)

Nope. Different servers, different databases, different everything.

Nope. Different servers, different databases, different everything.

Is there a reason for the sluggish response lately, Arch?

Are we experiencing technical difficulties today or is it just me?

I seem to hit a slow patch nearly every day. Sometimes they are lightening fast, othertimes I need to wait nearly a minit for a page to load.

I only have an issue when I am logged in. Also, the only time I see it slowdown where pages take like a minute to load is after like 6pm est / evening time. Anytime prior to that I have no issue with the boards.

I am on DSL so my speeds are same all day long so can't be the factor let alone I have a 10Mb line. It only happens on this site.

For me in the UK I get to work at 9am, boards will not load until 10:30 am guaranteed every single day.

This morning however instead of just time outs I received "Only administrators can see the database", half hour later they're working fine.

For me in the UK I get to work at 9am, boards will not load until 10:30 am guaranteed every single day.

They're on shutdown then, I've told you this before. :makepoint: