• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Rae & The curious case of the Mike Royer light-boxed artworks . . .

694 posts in this topic

glenbru

If I just sell the car, I can up my bid...

Posts: 156 What did these attacks on you accomplish, Richard?

Let's recap shall we...

1) the forum exposed you as a fraudulent trader.

2) the forum hopefully prevented you from taking advantage of other unsuspecting innocent collectors who are unaware of your deceptive practices.

I'd say that's a lot. A job well done.

Thanks for asking the question.

It was always too much of a stretch to hope that you might make restitution to the poor unfortunate people that you've taken advantage of.

Glen Brunswick

Let's take a look at your "Let's recap shall we"

and I sold one of my originals last week to a collector in the US for well over $10,000...I'm really doing just fine thank you very much.

Richard Rae

God I hope you didn't pawn off one of those fake "Kirby" "originals" to some poor unsuspecting sap

:wishluck:

Glen I did ask Mike Royer to do some originals for me and I also recived some as gifts and part trade...I love the guys work...you can value it as you see fit and so can I (if I wish but didn't in regards to contacting you), I wanted the quality of original to sell itself...and the final image is a Kirby/Royer and not just a Royer.

At no time have I ever said that the art had original Kirby pencils under it, if I had then you guys are all right and I'm as evil as you make me out to be...but that just did not happen.

Plus in most cases people contacted me in regards to those original drawings...and if I didn't like their offer I said "no thanks" just like you did with my offer to you...very double-standared of you Glen.

If I had said at ANY TIME that these originals were touched by Kirby in any way then your judgment of me is fair...but I've only ever talked about the final original image because that is what I'm personally interested in when I trade.

Regards Glen

ciorac...I just parted with the original Kirby/Royer this week, it was mailed off the the US to one very, very happy buyer.

And I remind you that the original Kirby/Royer's are NOT Kirby originals...I've never claimed that they were in any form.

Regards Richard

ciorac...I just parted with the original Kirby/Royer this week, it was mailed off the the US to one very, very happy buyer.

So, Richard would you share with us the price of your Kirby/Royer lightboxed art recently purchased ??

So, Richard would you share with us the price of your Kirby/Royer lightboxed art recently purchased ??

Let it go man. The guy's incorrigible. I think responding to him just feeds the disease.

Let it go man. The guy's incorrigible. I think responding to him just feeds the disease.

Yeah !!! You're totally right ....for a second I forgot, wasn't quite fully awake and I hoped to get from him either an acknowledgment of the Royer's lightbox value or another proof of his mythomania but I guess I'd better go back to bed ..... :):makepoint:

Glen I did ask Mike Royer to do some originals for me and I also recived some as gifts and part trade...I love the guys work...you can value it as you see fit and so can I (if I wish but didn't in regards to contacting you), I wanted the quality of original to sell itself...and the final image is a Kirby/Royer and not just a Royer.

At no time have I ever said that the art had original Kirby pencils under it, if I had then you guys are all right and I'm as evil as you make me out to be...but that just did not happen.

With fertilizer costs being what they are these days I would think you'd do better selling off some of the extra Bulle you are producing instead of selling art.

You've got more than enough to go around.

With fertilizer costs being what they are these days I would think you'd do better selling off some of the extra Bulle you are producing instead of selling art.

You've got more than enough to go around.

30atkav.jpg

"I love the smell of b*u*l*l*s*h*i*t in the morning. It smells like . . .

it smells like . . ."

2w37w1s.jpg

"I never said it was a Kirby/Royer original. I said it was a Kirby/Royer original . . . don't you guys know the difference???"

At this time I would just like to add to all of those collectors and artists who have contacted me “personally” over the last few weeks offering me there support against the attacks on me via this forum, that I appreciate all of you following my request NOT to enter into this forum actively and only merely observe...it made it easier for me to exposes the truth...thank you all.

Kindest regards

Richard Rae

:signfunny:

wj875x.jpg

THE BALLAD OF D*I*C*K*Y RAE

jkhx5k.jpg

"Con-cider yourself at home.

Con-cider youself one of the family.

We've taken to you so strong.

It's clear we're going to get along.

Con-cider yourself well in.

Con-cider yourself part of the furniture.

There isn't a lot to spare.

Who cares? . . What ever we've got we share!"

At this time I would just like to add to all of those collectors and artists who have contacted me “personally” over the last few weeks offering me there support against the attacks on me via this forum, that I appreciate all of you following my request NOT to enter into this forum actively and only merely observe...it made it easier for me to exposes the truth...thank you all.

Kindest regards

Richard Rae

:signfunny:

I did the same thing with Jessica Alba, Christy Turlington, Christina Ricci, Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis. I am so glad they chose to keep our "special friendships" to themselves.

This also applies to my discovery of the secret of Alchemy and the Fountain of Youth. Happy 356th birthday to me!!!! :whee:

What a fun game RaeRae came up with...making mess up with zero regard for the truth is really FUN!!!!

I’m the kind of guy that when I’m walking down the street and see three cops beating the out of one guy I’ll jump in between them and tell the cops to back-off (and I have done)...

. . . and once the cops have gone, you then proceed to relieve the unconscious victim of his wallet, no?

hm

I would love to walk down the street and see three cops beat the tar out of Dickie Rae lol

I would totally run up and stop them if I saw that happening....so I could get them to pose for a picture to commemorate the occasion...then they could get back to their invaluable service to the community.

Well, I'm off to bed for the night.

I guess that's D*i*c*k-the-dimwit's cue to come out and do his silly countdown thing.

But I'll be back tomorrow to check in on his latest "blah, blah, blah" posts . . .

Well, he did command us to keep this thread going, so who are we to argue with such a genius.? (shrug)

I believe that it is important to get away from the name calling and child like attacks and stick to the main point.

The question is how should light-box originals where two artists talents make the final image best be presented...keeping in mind that one of the artists may not have touched the final image but his talents are clearly a big part of the final image...I say that the final image MUST give credit to both artists and not just one.

Clearly comming up with a fair answer to this question will help to sort out any future misunderstandings in regards to light-boxed art and help to avoid others unfairly being branded cheats or dishonest, such as I have in this chat room.

It's good to see that the person who started all of this has come back in, however Terry I suggest you try to stop your bullying and "attempts" at humour and stay focused on the issue at hand...this chat-room could really do some good so let's see it continue until the issue/s is/are worked out.

I will always answer your questions as I have nothing to hide...the problem seems to be that you along with some others think I was attempting to pass-off Kirby/Royer originals as original Kirby art, something I did not do...however looking back at some of the "real" comments in regards to this matter I can see your side of the story and to be fair I can see the merit in what many of you in this chat-room are saying.

So instead of just pointing fingers let's work togeather to find the best way light-box originals should be presented during trading...I'm always here to help clear up any misunderstandings.

Richard Rae

I’m the kind of guy that when I’m walking down the street and see three cops beating the out of one guy I’ll jump in between them and tell the cops to back-off (and I have done)...

. . . and once the cops have gone, you then proceed to relieve the unconscious victim of his wallet, no?

hm

(thumbs u

I believe that it is important to get away from the name calling and child like attacks and stick to the main point.

The question is how should light-box originals where two artists talents make the final image best be presented...keeping in mind that one of the artists may not have touched the final image but his talents are clearly a big part of the final image...I say that the final image MUST give credit to both artists and not just one.

Clearly comming up with a fair answer to this question will help to sort out any future misunderstandings in regards to light-boxed art and help to avoid others unfairly being branded cheats or dishonest, such as I have in this chat room.

It's good to see that the person who started all of this has come back in, however Terry I suggest you try to stop your bullying and "attempts" at humour and stay focused on the issue at hand...this chat-room could really do some good so let's see it continue until the issue/s is/are worked out.

I will always answer your questions as I have nothing to hide...the problem seems to be that you along with some others think I was attempting to pass-off Kirby/Royer originals as original Kirby art, something I did not do...however looking back at some of the "real" comments in regards to this matter I can see your side of the story and to be fair I can see the merit in what many of you in this chat-room are saying.

So instead of just pointing fingers let's work togeather to find the best way light-box originals should be presented during trading...I'm always here to help clear up any misunderstandings.

Richard Rae

You're so right! We've lost our way, thanks for the heads up Mr. Rae.

EDIT: Oops, what I meant was, YOU'RE A TOOL!

So instead of just pointing fingers let's work togeather to find the best way light-box originals should be presented during trading...

Dunno, maybe by stating that they're lightboxed in the description :makepoint: