• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dilema... Opinions gladly accepted

4 posts in this topic

I have a dilemma and i'm not sure what to do... Let's say I have $2,500 and I can either get:

AF 15

or

1 panel page from late 1980's ASM from a solid artist.

This is hypothetical so I don't want to get too technical on the AF grade or the artist and action on the panel page. Just assume the AF 15 is in a typical condition that AF's sell for in the $2,500 range and the panel page is just a panel page by a solid artist. The panels do not include a classic spidey foe or anything. It's still a beautiful page.

I always wanted both, an AF 15 and a page by this particular artist... what to do?

Thanks!

I'm an art guy who hasn't collected comics in years, yet my first "big" purchase as an adult was a copy of SHOWCASE #22, not art.

Although my opinion may be in the minority, given the forum in which this question was raised, I'd go with the first appearance of what seems to be a favorite character of yours.

If it's a great page by that artists with the characters you like I say go for that. If it's a bland page with so so characters I say wait for a better page for that artist and buy the AF 15. There are a lot of chances tiger an AF 15 but if it's a strong piece of art go for that.

thing is for $2.5K the AF#15 you will get will be a very poor copy while for the same amount you could get a great Andru ASM page ...

feels good to be able to communicate !!! so strange to be without internet nowadays...

So in regards to your dilemna I'd take the art...double the money and I'd take the comicbook !!!!

(: