• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buy it now for $350,000 Marvel Comics #1 CGC 9.0!

25 posts in this topic

It sure is. Bottom left hand corner of the front cover, and the stains on the top, bottom and left hand side of the back cover are a dead giveaway. Why wasn't the book given a pedigree designation on either submision?

I finding it rather odd that that JP, after coming into our little hobby world with guns and checkbook blazing, after printing expensive catalogs, after extensive marketing and sales efforts and expenditures, and convention setups, an elaborate website, and presumed backstage arm-twisting of his coin-collection friends for years now......

I find it strange that he now has to resort to EBAY to sell his big-ticket items! Is this more a sign of his desparate state, or truly a tribute to ebay's success in selling collectibles?

It sure is. Bottom left hand corner of the front cover, and the stains on the top, bottom and left hand side of the back cover are a dead giveaway. Why wasn't the book given a pedigree designation on either submision?

Because "White Rose" is just marketing copy.

I think the "sale" of the pay copy was fairy tale.

Did he ever explicitly say he sold it? I thought his ads said something like "home of the million-dollar pay copy," which doesn't necessarily mean he sold it.

I agree it's a subtle hair to split, but I figured that's the exact hair he was splitting by making the claim.