• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

are we entering the DC age of spiralling $$$$$$a?

Is it DCs time now?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. Is it DCs time now?

46 posts in this topic

for those who werent tracking it, the 9.4 Brave and Bold 28 in Heritage closed at around 60K with the juice tonight!! And the 9.2 JLA #1 went in the mid to high 20Ks. So, are DC Silver prices about to finally explode and catch up to Marvel's recent explosion???

for those who werent tracking it, the 9.4 Brave and Bold 28 in Heritage closed at around 60K with the juice tonight!! And the 9.2 JLA #1 went in the mid to high 20Ks. So, are DC Silver prices about to finally explode and catch up to Marvel's recent explosion???

Wha'...?

What are people throwing money at that crappe for? Doesn't DC stand for Dying Comics? JLA #1-- that's not their 1st appearance...? B & B 28---that's not even a 1st issue, for crying out loud!

To paraphrase the Great Overseer, Stanley the Manly, "What these Mortals be!!!" (I added an extra "!" for emphasis).

Now let's get back to the only real comics out there: Marvel! The only publisher that will survive the assault of the great and wondrous CRASH that's due...

uh JC/Gene...when was this happening again? Oh yeah, now I remember...

Sometime in the Near Future!!!!!

Rick

Don't forget the 9.2 Flash 105 that went for $29,900 with the juice. The multiples on some of the smaller dollar books were pretty mind-boggling too. The prices realized tonight really stunned me. Bad bad news for all DC collectors.

Wha'...?

What are people throwing money at that crappe for? Doesn't DC stand for Dying Comics? JLA #1-- that's not their 1st appearance...? B & B 28---that's not even a 1st issue, for crying out loud!

To paraphrase the Great Overseer, Stanley the Manly, "What these Mortals be!!!" (I added an extra "!" for emphasis).

Now let's get back to the only real comics out there: Marvel! The only publisher that will survive the assault of the great and wondrous CRASH that's due...

Rick

Rick, I feel your pain, bro. If speculator money is coming into DCs, they're soon going to get burned when they realize they just priced out the 3-4 guys that are into DCs. Who are they going to flip to? The Marvel market, on the other hand, is infinitely deep and wide, and it's where the collectors from overseas benefiting from the weak US dollar are focused.

Rick, I feel your pain, bro. If speculator money is coming into DCs, they're soon going to get burned when they realize they just priced out the 3-4 guys that are into DCs.

...?

Me. You. Scott.

Hey, who's #4????? (don't say "Green Arrow joins" tongue.gif)

You're holding out on me!!!!

But you're right; if the buyers are expecting to flip anytime soon, they're in for a shocker. devil.gif

Wait 'em out. Wait 'em out. Wait 'em ALL out!

Rick

there were 14 bidders before the internet bidding ebded going up to $32K. Afer that, it appeares to have been an auction floor battle between at least 2 bidders for the last 20K. I never thought it would go that high. $0, 45 w/ juice tops. But seems like a nightmare scenario for the winner in that he had to fight off an equally avid bidder so high... On the other hand, the SELLER must be having a very nice day today!! Wonder if hes a forum member... ?

What is even scarier is that the Metamorpho went for over a k even though the one posted on ebay a week or so ago sold below $500.

As for price jumps on DC.....I don't see a great difference to a couple of years ago. When the HG's come out they always exceed guide.

Me. You. Scott.

Hey, who's #4????? (don't say "Green Arrow joins" tongue.gif)

You're holding out on me!!!!

You and Scott just seem to collect JLA. I collect other DC too, so I was counting some different players for the other titles. But the point is that the DC pool is very very shallow.

there were 14 bidders before the internet bidding ebded going up to $32K. Afer that, it appeares to have been an auction floor battle between at least 2 bidders for the last 20K.

Were you at the floor auction? Who were the 2 floor bidders?

Wha'...?

Better make that 4-5 collectors then because I am here to stay. While I did not buy either of the books, I was in the hunt on the JLA #1. If anyone thinks those prices were too high, give me a call. I have $ burning a hole in my pocket sumo.gif

Wha'...?

Better make that 4-5 collectors then because I am here to stay. While I did not buy either of the books, I was in the hunt on the JLA #1. If anyone thinks those prices were too high, give me a call. I have $ burning a hole in my pocket sumo.gif

Bullet123, first of all, welcome aboard the wild and crazy world of HG DC silver collecting. All joking from Rick and me aside, it is a world that is truly for collectors, as opposed to investors/speculators. It's also a frustrating world because you see prices in the Guide that seem like a bargain and then realize (at least when you're talking about pre-1965 books) that what you will actually have to pay for a NM book will never even come remotely close to that "bargain" Guide price. It is even more frustrating when you realize that you may very well NEVER see some of the early silver DC issues in true NM because (i) those that exist are locked away in collections never to surface unless someone dies or (ii) they truly don't seem to exist. And if they do surface, see my earlier comment about "frustrating world" above when rabid collectors pounce on it.

Second, early JLA is probably THE toughest DC title to collect in NM, because there is a blackhole called "Acesilver" who sucks up any available issues within his gravitational pull and simply will not be outbid. Rick and I don't even try to compete anymore, except to put in a punishment bid every now and then (just kidding Scott, we kid because we love!). Unless you're into coming in 2nd all the time, I wouldn't even try.

its just the classic ping pong. marvels start to look too expensive so the money goes to DC. When superheroes in general start looking too expensive the money goes to horror. It happens again & again!

And when comics start to look too expensive the money goes to...