• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil 1 faded front cover

14 posts in this topic

Anybody care to take a stab at this? Structurally a 7.0 or so with a few bends. The book would press into the 8.0-9.0 range without the bends, methinks. Front cover is faded, back cover is not.

How would you grade it?

Daredevil1front001.jpg

Daredevil1back001.jpg

That is a lot of fading, stored on the dash of a car? I say up to 2 full grades in grade drop depending on where you start from. If it was otherwise a 9.2 I'd say it would be lowered to 8.5.

Starting from otherwise 7, I think lands you in 6 to 6.5

I don't think I've seen a book look so washed out but still so solid.

Slab it and report back.

Man this is a tough one. I can agree with bringing the grade way down because of fading. In the 6.0 area. But I can understand a 5.0 as well. I don't think I'll be shocked at the grade it gets.

Anything over a 7.0 would surprise me, but I could totally see CGC giving this an 8.0

Keep us updated

Just heard from a few knowledgeable sources that 5.0-6.0 seems to be realistic.

Thanks, folks.

(thumbs u

A structurally upper midgrade or better book with fading that severe would justify a qualified grade IMHO, especially as the flaw is extremely evident, otherwise I couldn't honestly consider it any better than a 3.0, as a run of the mill 4.0 would have far stronger eye-appeal.

When attempting to grade a book like this I ask myself to imagine if I were looking for a copy at a given minimum grade, would I even consider the book in question. Sorry, but if I were looking for this book in 5.0 or better, I wouldn't hesitate in rejecting a copy this faded for a second.