• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

War of the Green Lanterns by George Perez

17 posts in this topic

I got to meet a childhood idol of mine when I recently picked up this triptych cover by George Perez:

War of the Green Lanterns by George Perez

After hearing so many horror stories over the years about meeting childhood idols who disappointed, I'm happy to report that I had a great time with George. He's funny, creative, dedicated to his craft--a great guy.

Plus, he can still bring the art like nobody's business!

Who is the fourth Green Lantern of Earth? I only see John Stewart, Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner featured? I think George did a great jobs but the finished product is way too confusing, the Green Lanterns all run together. When George did covers for other groups, each one had different colour scheme and they stood out from one another. With them all being Green Lanterns, its all green and black and outer space is also black. Still think George did a great job but the subject matter doesn't work that well coloured.

Who is the fourth Green Lantern of Earth? I only see John Stewart, Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner featured? I think George did a great jobs but the finished product is way too confusing, the Green Lanterns all run together. When George did covers for other groups, each one had different colour scheme and they stood out from one another. With them all being Green Lanterns, its all green and black and outer space is also black. Still think George did a great job but the subject matter doesn't work that well coloured.

The fourth is Kyle Rayner, who's in the upper left hand cornet of the piece. He is somewhat obscured by his position, and the fact that it looks like he's been chained up. You could play "Where's Waldo" with this piece all day long!

There is a lot of green and black in the final piece--I'm curious to see if that's the final coloring job. Don't know how I would change it, nor if I necessarily would. George and I talked about the coloring when I visited, discussed the idea of the "fog of war," and how a fight like this, fought in three dimensions, with many of the actors wearing similar "uniforms," would be chaotic--a firefight in space.