• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All */Black Terror/Yellow Jacket/Red Dragon/Gerbers/Hulk 102/ 15%off

45 posts in this topic

Shipping will be the exact cost to the buyer. Payment by check or MO is fine, paypal will be a small fee for buyer. First "I'll take it" in the thread is the winner, regardless of any PMs (just to be clear)

Please no naughty list people.

No returns on slabbed books, sorry but you know exactly what you are buying and there is no reason to return them. Raw books I will accept back within 7 days of receipt for any reason.

Really not sure what I'm going to list, but starting with 2 slabs now.

Solomon Hercules Atlas Mercury, Shazam

CMA #3

Here's an oldie. Displays nice, but top staple is drawn back from cover (still attached), CF is detached from bottom staple. Pages are cream to OW. Inside cover edges are brownish, not falling apart and I can still flex the paper. 2 pages inside have tears in the white border area of the page. Slight shadow on cover. Still some decent glass on the cover and the metallic bolt looks nice. I think this would land somewhere between 4.0 and 5.0

116ucgh.jpg

$460

1 more for tonight Daredevil 7 (the 6 on the cover is wrong). Tape full length of spine, I know pity. Odd the tape has not yellowed at all, maybe they used archival tape??? Spine had some nics in it and top staple almost pulled from cover, so they taped the whole length. Inside pages are very white, if not straight W then OW to W at the worst. Gloss on cover is decent. A little tanning on the edge of inside cover, not bad at all. Has the look and feel of a VF book, but I think this would probably be a 3.0. Great stories inside, Daredevil battles a goon with a silver plate in his head wielding a meat cleaver, many other super hero stories inside, Nightro, Ghost, Pat Patriot (wonder woman clone), The Claw, Real American, plenty of Nazi stuff inside. I haven't seen this one come up for sale much.

a5hm6a.jpg

$140

ok just 1 more. Dagar 16. (#3 in title)

Book was CGC graded and slabbed, liberated now. 6.5 graded. The small piece of tape label refers to is on the lower right corner on the inside cover, it's about half the size of my thumb.

One thing I'll say about this book, it was made cheaply. They must have used the cheapest paper they could find, and the cover has really no gloss and doesn't seem like it ever did, it's just slightly heavier paper than the interior. This is another I haven't seen come up for sale much.

nwlq3t.jpg

$200

Wings 21 CGC 8.5

Book looks superb from the front, back cover you can see small bindery tears at the top and bottom of spine. Really a nice early Wings, and a good example of a skull bashing cover.

$390

Per PM... :takeit:

Next up: A lot of Conan AND MISC readers. 70 series. Conditions range from G- to F/VF, mostly settling in the VG area. Not going to scan them or even take a picture. Just think of it as a big lot of readers.

Issues:

Conan 20, 27, 31, 32, 33, 34, 36, 42, 46, 46, 49, 52, 67, 72, 75, 80, 136

Amazing Adventures (killraven) 34

The Power of Warlock 5

X-Men 178

Astonishing Tales 24 (IT)

Red Wolf 2, 3

23 comics $20

Kid Komics #8, check out the serious mis-cut. Some panels have the very edge cut into, does not effect story though. Single staple holding well. Cover has some gloss, small indents on cover and a few small tears. Pages hint of cream to White, cover is not tanned. Back cover has some faint staining. This is another book I haven't seen for sale much. I grade this VG

2ike9u1.jpg

$170 (sold)

The Black Terror 21. Solid book. decent gloss, but some soil or stack transfer really shows on the white cover. A little bit of cream on the bottom of the pages, otherwise white. Same thing with the covers, on the inside they have some tanning on the bottom half inch, really not bad at all though. Look at the lady's leg, I drew a circle around a dimple on her leg, it looks to me like she was stabbed with a pencil. The dimple penetrates the cover, but not the first page, so she didn't get stabbed very hard. In hand the dimple does not really get your attention, and I drew the circle on the image cause I don't think it stands out enough. I want to call this a F/VF, but think 6.5 might be safer. Lots of short Black Terror stories inside, and this issue has a Miss Masque story.

24xhqu9.jpg

$225 (sold)