• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you store your slabs?

36 posts in this topic

My borders is going out of biz and selling all their fixtures. I bought a sweet little magazine rack thingy for $37.50 to store some slabs. I'm going to pick it up now and I'll post a pic later when I get some slabs in it.

Pretty sweet for 37 beans!!! :banana:

Thank you!

They had 2 more but they were already sold. I would have liked to buy all 3 and line them up and i'd have been good no matter how many slabs i ever buy. They still had a TON of full sized bookshelfs for like $40-50 but i built 3 for my office last year and dont have room for any more. If any of you guys have a local Borders going out of busines you should check them out and see what they have (thumbs u

Best $37 i ever spent :banana:

shelf.jpg

That's awesome... time for a road trip to Border's.

Yeah, definitely worth a trip over. Someone in my other thread said his local Borders on the West Coast had 3 of these available but they were more expensive than mine. Instead of $75 at 50% off, they were $95 at 50% off. Either way, still a REALLY good deal (thumbs u

Im always worried that storing my slabs (or any books for that matter) where they are exposed to light will cause them to fade over time; especially so in a situation like this one where they overlap.

Wont you get a definitive line across the cover of the books where the top is faded and the bottom isn't because it was hidden behind the book in front of it?

Yeah, probably but that room gets zero light and is completely dark unless i am in there messing with my comics. That amounts to maybe 30 minutes a day or so so i dont think it should be a problem.

Yeah, probably but that room gets zero light and is completely dark unless i am in there messing with my comics. That amounts to maybe 30 minutes a day or so so i dont think it should be a problem.

And if you rotate them out once in a while, it would be even less of a problem.

Would putting them on a shelf be a danger long term to the older ones? You know as far as the light getting to them?

WTTB!

Theoretically, yes. However, if they're not in direct sunlight and they're not constantly under a strong fluorescent light, they should be okay. A believe a board member did an experiment along the lines where he left it out in the open (indirect light) for a long period of time and it came out the same.

Bill Cole and Ernest Gerber both sell acid-free boxes designed for CGC slabs.

Yup...the only way to go...in a cool/(non-temperature fluctuating if possible)/dark interior place (no exterior walls) free from moisture and humidity. (thumbs u