• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

San Diego LCS

8 posts in this topic

Getting to SoCal Comics without a car will be difficult. I imagine you can do it by bus, but it will be quite an undertaking.

You can take the trolley to Comics N Stuff in El Cajon. It will be a decent trip from downtown by trolley, but it is a huge store and I think it is the 2nd best store in the area behind SoCal Comics. They have a pretty good back issue selection too, including bronze and silver (a few 50s golds like ECs, but not much).

To get there take the orange line trolley from downtown to the El Cajon transit center, then head west on El Cajon Blvd about 1/2 mile. Its a huge store with superheroes painted on the outside.

Hope that helps.

I lived in San Diego for 5 years (moved away in 2007.) Save yourself time and take a taxi to Southern California Comics. The other shops are pitiful for back issues and mostly filled with 80's- Moderns. You'll spend around $30 bucks round trip, but you'll go straight to the single best comic store in San Diego. There's plenty of GA, SA, BA, there's a whole room of $1 books (12 for $10.) Lots of trades, books, mags,Pulps, ect.

Seriously, don't waste your time going anywhere else. It won't be worth it.

Here's their website, you'll see what I'm saying. Socalcomics.com

Take a taxi or rent a car and have a vehicle for the whole day for a few dollars more. That would be my advice.