• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Terry's Comics

15 posts in this topic

I've only bought from him in person in SD the last few years. His advertised grades are generally in the range but he charges almost CGC multiples for his raw books. Some of the 9.4s that he had were more like 9.2 but also some 9.4s were more like 9.6s. The Adventure 416 CGC 9.6 100 page giant that I bought raw from him in SD was graded 9.4 by him. I never had a problem with him. Plus, if you buy a CGC comic from him over mail order, he will actually take returns on them.

I'm fishing for feedback in regards to anyone doing biz with Terry's Comics out of Orange, CA. Specifically, customer service and raw grading. Thanks in advance!

Richard from Quicksilver told me that Terry was the best dealer he has EVER dealt with.

Apart from Terry being a nice guy, Richard paid for some comics on a Friday and had them in England by the Monday. A bit different to my recent experiences.

I've never dealt with them direct, but I've heard nothing but great things about them.

Terry seems pretty cool, but I do have to admit that his prices are way off base sometimes. He is willing to meet in person to save you on s/h costs, however he we does not respond to inquiries about scans.

Terry is a good dealer. His prices are high on books that deserve high prices He always seems to have a lot of the rarer golden age books othger dealers wont pony up for

Goldens you say 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Does this guy have a website? If not, how do you find out what he has available?

Terry is a good dealer. His prices are high on books that deserve high prices He always seems to have a lot of the rarer golden age books othger dealers wont pony up for

Goldens you say 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Does this guy have a website? If not, how do you find out what he has available?

http://www.terryscomics.com

He also has one of them old fashioned paper catalogs.....

Edited for bad link - oops!

Thanks everyone. Actually, I bought a number of GA books from him from the Charlotte Comiccon two years ago, and he seemed friendly and so forth. I just don't have any experience buying NM from him. Seems like I can't go wrong here. Thanks for the info, gang. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

Actually, I just received a CD with a catalog in PDF format from him this weekend. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you if you want it. It is 5mb so make sure your e-mail server allows attachments of that size.