• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Little Help . . . Again? Journey Into Mystery 83

33 posts in this topic

Much appreciation to everyone that weighed in on the AF 15, I could use some opinions on another big boy bound for CGC. Yes, that is a tear along the back left cover, about 5/8", and yes, a small part of me did in fact die inside when I first saw it.

JIM83002.jpg

JIM83001.jpg

JIM83003.jpg

I'm thinking 7.0+ without the tear

I'm thinking it won't get hit that bad bit it's likely a 6.0 with the tear and possibly a 6.5. Worst case 5.5 but I don't think so.

I just dont see Cgc calling that book in the vg- to vg/fn range of 3.5-5.0.

6.0....Whats the "whiter than everything else" area near the tear? Resto, cleaning?

My best guess is creases from lateral folds that the flap most likely caught being placed into the bag and board for the first time. The piece was folded up and over itself when I took it out of it's bag for my first inspection and I had to take care that it didn't happen again when I placed it back in.

Are the white lines on Thor's leg and the right edge of his hammer swing circle production defects?

I'd agree with comicdey - 6.0 - possible 6.5, worst case 5.5. It looks to have white pages , so an appealing mid-grade copy.

Are the white lines on Thor's leg and the right edge of his hammer swing circle production defects?

I'd agree with comicdey - 6.0 - possible 6.5, worst case 5.5. It looks to have white pages , so an appealing mid-grade copy.

I agree with both rjpb and Colin - anything lower than 6.0 for this book would be a disservice. :sumo:

I see all the buyers have it at 5.5 lol

I agree with both rjpb and Colin - anything lower than 6.0 for this book would be a disservice. :sumo:

I see all the buyers have it at 5.5 lol

I noticed this as well :D

I certainly won't blame anyone for trying but the boys in Florida will get the final say on that. :wishluck: