• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEEN BUSY. UNEARTHED A NEW COLLECTION

156 posts in this topic

It was a late night last night getting this stuff home. My wife really helped out with this deal. It was actually a nightmare to get this stuff to my truck. More later. I'm going through everything now. Sales thread soon. Why cant people take care of books and store them properly. :frustrated: More later.

DR.X

th_newcollection008.jpgth_newcollection007.jpgth_newcollection006.jpgth_newcollection005.jpgth_newcollection004.jpgth_newcollection003.jpgth_newcollection002.jpgth_newcollection001.jpgth_newcollection012.jpgth_newcollection011.jpgth_newcollection010.jpgth_newcollection009.jpg

Let me know if you find any holiday covers!! :baiting: And congrats on the collection find!! :headbang:

Looks awesome! Any chance of a Scrooge 1 (FC 386) in there?!?1

Yes, there is one in there. Thats the second one I found in the last year. Not in very good shape though.

DR.X

Snap a better front pic of the $natch, Zap and Fed n' Heads and PM it to me - I may be interested if they are printings I need

newcollection012.jpg

Joseph is always on the lookout for a nice Snatch. hm

O.K. I had to drive hours and hours. hm

Theres alot of coverless, mutilated krap in here. What a mess. I did find this last night. Pretty cool. These were taped to the insides of Wheaties boxes. Overstreet says most were ripped when they were removed. This one is no exception, but there are worse examples on e-bay at high prices. Also found a O.A.A.W. number #1 in the war books bin. Lots of war books.

Back cover is nice on this, and the interior is complete.

flashwheatiescomic001.jpg

wheatiesbackcover001.jpg

I'd be interested in some nice MARY MARVEL cover issues. I'm new to GA, so I don't yet know the issues of the covers I like. I've seen plenty I want, but don't remember the details... (shrug)

Nice score!

There's something exhilarating about uncovering a fun OO collection, regardless of its 'value'.

I keep finding all kinds of odd-ball stuff in here. These books were all wrapped in like Sarahn wrap and were stuck together bad. Alot of these books were stuck in between the ones with the wrap with no bags on them. Its taking some time to peel them apart. About 30 underground books. A real nice Snatch Comics #1 & 2, Some nice Fat Freddy's Cat. Dont know alot about Undergrounds. Gotta do some research. Over 100 Four Colors. Some cool magazines and stuff. Im slowly getting it organized. Here's just a few interesting things I pulled out so far. Some of them are keepers.

madmagazine001.jpg

waltdisneycomicsstories001.jpg

wolfgal1001.jpg

zap0001-1.jpg

strangworlds001.jpg

fedsnheads001.jpg

donaldduck001.jpg

byoucomics001.jpg

airpirates2001.jpg

airpirates001.jpg