• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ten Commandments

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone still stay up and watch this old classic??? (or do you... sleeping.gif...6 hours into it like I do?)

One of my favorite movies ever, a Passover staple for me. I watch it at least once a year. It's just a fun, beautiful piece of work - which is not to say it doesn't have a certain kitschy factor that you can make fun of too. smile.gif

Now I have the special edition DVD so I'll be seeing it for the first time in a crystal clear digital version. Woohoo!

Arnold

Would you rate Yul Brenner as maybe the most overacting actor in this movie... there is not a scene he doesnt try to steal, and that is saying A LOT with Heston in there! (Dont get me wrong, I love this movie and Brenner!) thumbsup2.gif He was also great in WestWorld!

It's on tonight in LA.. Starts at 7 I believe.

thumbsup2.gif...just make sure to turn your clocks ahead an hour or youll miss the beginning!

news.gif

It's on tonight in LA.. Starts at 7 I believe.

thumbsup2.gif...just make sure to turn your clocks ahead an hour or youll miss the beginning!

In the beginning......

How do you know? Were you there? mad.gif

Would you rate Yul Brenner as maybe the most overacting actor in this movie... there is not a scene he doesnt try to steal, and that is saying A LOT with Heston in there! (Dont get me wrong, I love this movie and Brenner!) thumbsup2.gif He was also great in WestWorld!

Don't forget THE BUCANEER and the R&H THE KING AND I...

I have watched this movie many times and the one thing that really puzzles me is Joshua the stone cutter's girl, the one Dethan took away from him. Why after she was liberated from slavery did she stay with Dethan when she was free to go back to Joshua? Was this just for the movie? I am not deeply religious so I dont know if this is mentioned in the Bible.