• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Worlds most expensive items.

63 posts in this topic

I remember watching that G.I. Joe prototype sell in 2003 with awesome fascination (I believe estimates were in the $1MIL range at the time).

I had just signed into eBay and could not believe the frigging prices that Heritage's auction was bringing. It was just madness at the time.

I think it was the same auction that Stan Lee sold his file copies through.

Pretty exciting to watch all that good stuff roll through eBay!

Fun reading this article today. Thought I would share:

http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budgeting/article/112378/worlds-most-expensive-items

Metro's PR juggernaut must have slipped a tread this time, pretty much every auction house that sold the items on that list got a mention along with the item sold, except for the Action #1.

I can picture how the next staff meeting might go...."Enthusiams"

Leg of Ham

15-pound Jamon Iberico; $2,682

The most expensive leg of ham commercially available is a 15-lb Albarragena Jamon Iberico de Bellota retailing at $2,682 at the Food Hall in Sefridges, London. (Slices in image not from actual record-setting Jamon Iberico)

:cloud9:

I paid 15k for a nice size boulder that has two lb’s of gold in the center. Worth more in it's orginal condition, so I'm not breaking it out. :cloud9:

I can't believe the sucker that sold it to me, guess he didn’t realize what an ounce of gold was selling for or how many ounces were in a pound. :makepoint:

hm

I paid 15k for a nice size boulder that has two lb’s of gold in the center. Worth more in it's orginal condition, so I'm not breaking it out. :cloud9:

I can't believe the sucker that sold it to me, guess he didn’t realize what an ounce of gold was selling for or how many ounces were in a pound. :makepoint:

hm

hm how do you know there is 2 lbs of gold in it?

I paid 15k for a nice size boulder that has two lbs of gold in the center. Worth more in it's orginal condition, so I'm not breaking it out. :cloud9:

I can't believe the sucker that sold it to me, guess he didnt realize what an ounce of gold was selling for or how many ounces were in a pound. :makepoint:

hm

hm how do you know there is 2 lbs of gold in it?

You think he would have lied about it?

:gossip::jokealert:

1 litre of gas, tonight, $1.29 ......WTF?

See that's the problem...try buying it by the gallon. (thumbs u

A $1-$2 BILLION home sounds kind of unbelievable to me. Unless it can fly, defy gravity, open up a space vortex to make a rift in the space time continuum, and of course if it has a time machine than maybe.