• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check what i got at Borders!

71 posts in this topic

My local Borders is going out of business and i went there today to see if they had anything good for sale. They didnt have for books left but all their furniture and fixtures were for sale. Most was sold but all the furniture left was 50% off.

This was $37.50 so i bought it to hold some slabs in. It is SWEET! The top racks will hold about 80-100 slabs and the bottom shelfs will hold about 100 each. They had 2 others but they were sold already. I would have LOVED to pick up at least 1 more but was thrilled to at least get this one. STEAL for $37! :banana:

shelf.jpg

:applause:Awesome pick-up!!

1655256-banana2.gifChris

Yeah, i thought those CD players were old big DVD players and i was all psyched to grab one for each of my kids room until i realized they were CD players :(

I've been playing with the rack for the last hour(gee wonder if thats going in the out of context thread!!! lol ) and DAMN do i love this thing! I've been getting as many #1 issues as i can afford, mostly BA Marvels and it stores them up top PERFECTLY! I had to double up some of the ones on the top row but almost all of them are displayed.

The bottom shelves have room for all the rest of my slabs that arent in my other bookcase, my books still in Fortresses that i havent gotten slabbed yet, my Gerber photo guides AND my little Black Knight statue! If the bottom shelves were big enough to fit my Ultron statue, this thing would officially be the greatest thing ever! :headbang:

Anywho, heres it all set up now with my #1's(sorry for the crappo photo but with the lamp on, this room is NOT good for pictures!) :cloud9:

shelf2.jpg

shelf3.jpg

Yeah, i thought those CD players were old big DVD players and i was all psyched to grab one for each of my kids room until i realized they were CD players :(

I've been playing with the rack for the last hour(gee wonder if thats going in the out of context thread!!! lol ) and DAMN do i love this thing! I've been getting as many #1 issues as i can afford, mostly BA Marvels and it stores them up top PERFECTLY! I had to double up some of the ones on the top row but almost all of them are displayed.

The bottom shelves have room for all the rest of my slabs that arent in my other bookcase, my books still in Fortresses that i havent gotten slabbed yet, my Gerber photo guides AND my little Black Knight statue! If the bottom shelves were big enough to fit my Ultron statue, this thing would officially be the greatest thing ever! :headbang:

Anywho, heres it all set up now with my #1's(sorry for the crappo photo but with the lamp on, this room is NOT good for pictures!) :cloud9:

shelf2.jpg

shelf3.jpg

Very nice! :applause:

Im hesitant to store my slabs in any other position than perfectly upright. Storing them on the spine like that id be afraid they would end up looking like " ) "

Im hesitant to store my slabs in any other position than perfectly upright. Storing them on the spine like that id be afraid they would end up looking like " ) "

Maybe but I think they are tight enough in the inner well that that shouldn't happen

Why did you remove your sweet AF #15 from your sig line? :baiting:

I got sick of people posting and getting PM's saying i shouldnt have it in MY sig line since i bought it for my son and it's his not mine :eyeroll:

If you're being serious, those people who PMed you (if they were really serious) are some hardcore pathetic losers.

Oh yes, I am serious and so were they (thumbs u

Nice shelf Sufunk, very cool. I agree with the many others...let's see the Amazing Fantasy #15 back in the 'ole sig-line!! You should also qoute some of the PM's you received about your sons AF #15 as well. Let them have it! :devil:

I really don't understand some peoples beef with books in sig lines (shrug)

That's half the reason why Im on here, to see other peoples insane books that I could never afford. I love looking at guys like rube11 and showcases's sig lines! I wish everyone had some of their nicest books in their sig lines so we can all ooh and ahh over them. Isn't that one of the main reasons to have this board, to see all the gems we've collected over the years???

I guess it's just me but what I find annoying is people who I know have insane books but don't show them, not people loading up their sig line with their nicest books. My favorite thing to do on the board is look in the "what's new in your collection" threads And see all the sick books people are getting.

I got sick of people posting and getting PM's saying i shouldnt have it in MY sig line since i bought it for my son and it's his not mine :eyeroll:

hm ... dude you have some sweet books... those people are f-ing r-tards~ jesse

Dammit Green!!! :sumo:

Ya got me all worried now so I spent the last hour switching how i stacks all my slabs! I don't know if it really matters but you got me freaking paranoid so I stacked all my slabs on both bookcases flat instead of laying on their sides like they were. It's a major PITA now if I want to get to a certain book but at least I don't have to worry about any bowing or damage to any of my slabs because of the way I have them stored.

Again, not sure if it even matters but better safe than sorry I guess (shrug)

Ya got me all worried now so I spent the last hour switching how i stacks all my slabs! I don't know if it really matters but you got me freaking paranoid so I stacked all my slabs on both bookcases flat instead of laying on their sides like they were. It's a major PITA now if I want to get to a certain book but at least I don't have to worry about any bowing or damage to any of my slabs because of the way I have them stored.

:D:sorry: I dont know for sure if it matters. Flat scares me too :baiting:

First of all, anyone that would PM a complete stranger and have some unsolicisted opinion about how that person shouldn't put a book that they paid for in their posts because the book was bought for your son [font:Arial Black]needs a severe cranial rectalectomy STAT !!! [/font] :P

He's a child !!....He didn't really buy it !!...,,seriously, what is wrong with people ?! hm

Now, getting to the display case, that is awesome !!....Not sure if I would be so lucky as to grab one at the Borders near me, but good for you for doing so....A collection like that needs to be shown off .... (worship)

Good freaking lord!!! Are you ting me?!?

What could be wrong with flat? I can see how on their side could bow them but what the hell can go wrong laying them flat?

Man, I'm never gonna get to sleep tonight! lol

Good freaking lord!!! Are you ting me?!?

What could be wrong with flat? I can see how on their side could bow them but what the hell can go wrong laying them flat?

Man, I'm never gonna get to sleep tonight! lol

Well, the inner wells are sometimes not perfectly flat, so maybe NCB (or worse) spine tiks if a the middle isnt supported as well as the corners. But dont let my paranoid obsessive delusional compulsive insanity rub off on ya. :shy:

I dont know what the hell to freaking do! (shrug)

In the last 2 days, i've read different boardies whose opinion i respect say that storing them on their side is bad, flat is bad and straight up is bad :ohnoez:

What freaking ever! I dont know who the hell to believe so i put them back the way i had them (on their side). This way is by far the easiest to get to them and doesnt seem to have caused any damage on any of them so im gonna stick with that for the time being.

I dont know what the hell to freaking do! (shrug)

In the last 2 days, i've read different boardies whose opinion i respect say that storing them on their side is bad, flat is bad and straight up is bad :ohnoez:

What freaking ever! I dont know who the hell to believe so i put them back the way i had them (on their side). This way is by far the easiest to get to them and doesnt seem to have caused any damage on any of them so im gonna stick with that for the time being.

Honestly, I don't think storing them sideways will do much but when in doubt...go to the source. Call CGC tomorrow and ask them how they recommend storing the slabs. My gut tells me they will say straight up is preferred but who knows...they may say it doesn't matter and then you can sleep! lol