• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check what i got at Borders!

71 posts in this topic

My local Borders is going out of business and i went there today to see if they had anything good for sale. They didnt have for books left but all their furniture and fixtures were for sale. Most was sold but all the furniture left was 50% off.

This was $37.50 so i bought it to hold some slabs in. It is SWEET! The top racks will hold about 80-100 slabs and the bottom shelfs will hold about 100 each. They had 2 others but they were sold already. I would have LOVED to pick up at least 1 more but was thrilled to at least get this one. STEAL for $37! :banana:

shelf.jpg

Why did you remove your sweet AF #15 from your sig line? :baiting:

I got sick of people posting and getting PM's saying i shouldnt have it in MY sig line since i bought it for my son and it's his not mine :eyeroll:

I got sick of people posting and getting PM's saying i shouldnt have it in MY sig line since i bought it for my son and it's his not mine :eyeroll:

(thumbs u

Some people have nothing better to do than to send emails and PMs about stuff they don't like.

F 'em.

What's mine is automatically my son's and always will be.

Keep it in there.

That is officially the most douchebaggy thing I have ever heard of on these Boards. And that is a high bar.

shelf.jpg

That is wicked cool.I'd pay 10 times that to get one.

Thank you!

I need to find a better place for it and DEFINITELY need to spend a day cleaning/organizing my comic room. You cant see them but right behind there are like 20 long boxes piled up that now i cant get to. Oh well, most of it is 90's drek anyways lol

Yeah, it sure seemed like a HELL of a deal to me! I thought it was $75. I didnt see the sign saying that the fixtures were now 50% off also. When she rang it up and $37.50 popped up, i was :acclaim:

Dragging it to the car and getting it in by myself was a PITA though! It's heavier than it looks and they wouldnt help for "liability" purposes.

That is officially the most douchebaggy thing I have ever heard of on these Boards. And that is a high bar.

lol

Yeah, i thought the PM's were a tad douchy myself (thumbs u

Recognize some of those cracked slabs in the pic Sean??? lol

lol

Yeah, i thought the PM's were a tad douchy myself (thumbs u

Recognize some of those cracked slabs in the pic Sean??? lol

You should maybe tuck those in the back. :shy: Put the Where Creatures Roam and Western Gunfighters in the front.

I agree...how low!

Put that AF15 up there and put it proudly. All my comics are for my kids anyway.

Yeah, i was in a rush to get back to work so i just threw them in as fast as i could. This weekend i'll spend some time and actually organize them so some of the nicer ones are visible instead of hidden in the back.

I would have KILLED to get 1 more. I gotta find another Borders going out of business. The only other one even remotely close to me isnt going under.

If any of you guys have a Borders near you, you should check it out. They had some pretty nice ceiling to floor bookshelfs that were only $40-50. If i needed any, i definitely would have bought one. They werent showroom quality but plenty nice for a office or comic room.

My local Borders is going out of business and i went there today to see if they had anything good for sale. They didnt have for books left but all their furniture and fixtures were for sale. Most was sold but all the furniture left was 50% off.

This was $37.50 so i bought it to hold some slabs in. It is SWEET! The top racks will hold about 80-100 slabs and the bottom shelfs will hold about 100 each. They had 2 others but they were sold already. I would have LOVED to pick up at least 1 more but was thrilled to at least get this one. STEAL for $37! :banana:

shelf.jpg

(thumbs u That is a fantastic find, and a great deal. Congrats. :applause:

( :gossip: +1 on putting the AF #15 back in your sig line. )

I think that type of PM is the type of PM that becomes a Public-Private Message.

They pushed the Douchethrottle through the floor of the Douchemobile with that one, and I think a public outing is the only way to feel any sort of catharsis...and for the rest of us to get a good laugh.

Great Pickup! I am being tempted by the dvd cases (with the lock and key).

Just curious, did they charge you tax? I've been to a few Borders that claim they must tax by law, on top of the liquidator +10% fee (even though they won't subtract 10% for BR).

Whereas, some Borders liquidators did not charge tax at all.

I'm a bit curious as to who's correct. It may be trivial, but 10% on top of 10% is something when you are thinking 20% off is a great deal.

P.S. I really wanted to get the Seattle umbrella, but they said they can't sell those with the trademark logo. :sorry:

I'll check but im pretty sure i deleted them. I just erased like 100 pm's last week cus i had like 15 pages of them and it was getting too hard to find the ones i needed.

My favorite was how the AF15 in my sig line just proved that i was just a big showoff and thought i was better than everyone else and had better books than anyone else on here.

Yeah, i really think my collection is better than anyone elses here :eyeroll:

My nicest book is a 8.5 X-men 1. I can name about 30 people here off the top of my head who my Xmen1 wouldnt make the top 50 in their collection!

Great Pickup! I am being tempted by the dvd cases (with the lock and key).

Just curious, did they charge you tax? I've been to a few Borders that claim they must tax by law, on top os the liquidator +10% fee (even though they won't subtract 10% for BR).

Whereas, some Borders liquidators did not charge tax at all.

I'm a bit curious as to who's correct. It may be trivial, but 10% on top of 10% is something when you are thinking 20% off is a great deal.

P.S. I really wanted to get the Seattle umbrella, but they said they can't sell those with the trademark logo. :sorry:

yeah, they did say that to me also. It should have been like $43 with the 10% and tax but the little strip on the top was half ripped off so i asked for a little off and they said they would just do it for $37.50 if i wanted it.